I was nervous about staying in a hostel - something I haven't done in a couple of decades! - but after the expense of Tulum we wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful and were quite prepared to 'put up with' something as long as the place was secure. We didn't have to 'put up with' anything! We chose a private room with a bathroom and it was absoluley perfect - the bed was very comfortable, there was sufficient room to put all your things away, the air con and fan were the best we found in Mexico (we stayed in four hotels), the staff were lovely and everything was really clean. The location is amazing as you walk down the side of the hostel and you are on the beach - right next to Bad Boys. On Saturday night it was a bit noisy as they were having a BBQ but quite frankly that's why most people go to a hostel - to meet and interact with other people. However, Playa is a very noisy place and apart from Saturday night we couldn't believe how quiet the hostel was. We were delighted we chose it. You are less than a minute from both the beach and 5th avenue, five minutes to the main bus station and a couple more to the ferry for Cozumel. The breakfast wasn't great but as were diving at 8am every day we only ate the breakfast once. Excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Popol Vuh, one of the first affordable accommodation, nestled in the best location in Playa del Carmen. Half a block from Fifth Avenue and steps from one of the best beaches in the city. But being in the best location does not make it noisy, on the contrary, Popol Vuh is an oasis that will make you forget you are in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The garden surrounded by palm trees will offer you a feeling of peace and tranquility you are looking to relax. We have a kitchen that has everything you need to prepare your own food, as well as to organize a barbecue grill in the garden and a speaker where you can connect your iPod or any device and become the dj. We do not have a pool, but ¡hey!, remember that the beach is just a few steps. We have 2 wireless networks so you're always connected through to your mobile, laptop or tablet. At the reception you can print your boarding passes or anything you need. You only have to ask. Our staff will be always thoughtful to your needs and will provide you with the best tips for you to know the best places in town, you can reserve and buy any tour with them. Popol Vuh is for all types of travelers, whether you're traveling alone, with family, with friends or family. Our restaurant bar is located right in front and you can enjoy a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes, cold beers, margaritas and enjoy your favorite sports. We have 14 private rooms, we have a place for everyone. There are six rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, private bathroom and minibar; Three cabanas with private bathrooms and fans and five cabanas with fans and shared bathroom. Service daily cleaning and parking for up to three cars (if previously requested). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Popol Vuh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Popol Vuh Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Bed And Breakfast Popol Vuh
- Popol Vuh Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico