“As in life, you make it what you want.. and this was just awesome.”

Alltournative Lifetime Experiences
Playa del Carmen Jungle Tour: Tulum, Cenote Snorkeling, 4x4 Ride and Ziplining
Ranked #2 of 393 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We have 6 excursions that combine approach to the Maya culture, exciting activities and contact with nature. Our expeditions are designed for anyone willing to explore the jungle, pristine cenotes and learn about the cultural heritage. We operate in small groups with highly qualified guides. * Coba Maya Encounter: visit the archaeological site of Coba and a Mayan community where we do adventure activities in natural surroundings such as rappelling, zip-lining, canoeing and jungle trekking. * Coba Mayaville: especially for those who want to visit Coba and have a genuine and sustainable approach with Mayan communities to learn about their culture, history and traditions, including the Mayan ceremony. * Tulum Jungle Maya: visit the famous archaeological site of Tulum and enter a natural reserve where we do adventure activities such as snorkeling, rappelling, sip-lining, 4x4 and swimming in cenotes. * Ek-Balam Cenote Maya: explore the best preserved archaeological site of the Maya culture and the largest Yucatan cenote where we can do optional adventure activities. * Jungle Maya: This half-day expedition offers adventure activities in a privileged natural reserve recommended by National Geographic Snorkeler for its incredible cenotes and the access to the longest underground river in the world: the Sacactun System. * nATiVe'S: a unique half day excursion to enjoy the jungle while driving an ATV. The route includes a cave, maya ceremony and a cenote where you can swim in crystal clear fresh water.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I took the Mayan encounter with our tour guide Paco.. who by the way our whole group fell in love with! From the moment Paco picked us up at our hotel, we knew we were in good hands, not to mention he`s a bit of a jungle fashionista!! Awesome hair cut Paco, all around a cool guy :) Anyways, you start off the day picking up a few other couples at the surrounding hotels, you drive all the way out to the middle of the Yucatan peninsula where the Mayan People still live. My husband and I are adventurous (which you should be if you want to do an excursion like this), but we never take for granted the fact that these people are letting you into their life, their culture, and while it may be different then what we are used to, you should respect, love, and honor that they are letting you on their dirt (or I should say limestone ;) ) We repelled into a dry cenote, zip lined through the jungle, had lunch made by Mayan hands ( which was one of the best meals I had all vacation Thank you Margarita!) . We then kayaked through the jungle in a swamp, hiked through the jungle where two very angry monkeys through sticks at us. ( this to me was NOT a low point, it was actually a Highlight!) All the While Paco just sincerely seemed to care about each and every one of us, and educated us about the culture, different things we saw in the jungle, and cool stories, and legends. We then got blessed my a real Mayan Shaman and swam underground in a cenote. We zip lined back to the bus and went to Coba, There was a little mishap with my zip line equipment on the way back, but not even worth getting into, and the only reason I mentioned it is to say how quickly and thoroughly it was fixed. Paco is quick and efficient and awesome! Coba is the last Mayan Ruin you can physically touch and climb. This was unexplainable and absolutely beautiful. It was hard to believe what was in front of my eyes. I read a review about the photos that they totally rip you off. I do not agree at all. You get a whole disc of photos for 59 dollars!! and Two prints of your choice! Mind you all the money you spend, a portion of it stays with the Mayan people, and it is so important we keep this culture, and language alive. It is so close to being diminished for good. I guess its all the way you look at things and life. My husband and I were grateful,and amazed by what we were allowed to do,. You are given so much freedom and are out in the middle of no where, so you have to have your wits about you, BUT the staff of Al Tour Native seemed to be educated, cool, full of love, and smart. As far as money goes, if you have it to do this excursion, then I don't think 59 dollars is unreasonable compared to a 200 dollar swim with the dolphin pics. That's where you get ripped off. Go with this company, help the Mayan people stay alive, be grateful, love one another, see the world, AND REQUEST PACO!! We will be back next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,936)
All reviews
"mayan food"
in 63 reviews
"mayan blessing"
in 65 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 103 reviews
"rent a bike"
in 50 reviews
"great guide"
in 127 reviews
"small group"
in 123 reviews

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This excursion was amazing. We started the day with a visit to the archeological ruins of Tulum. it is a beautiful site with breathtaking views. Our guide Robi was very knowledgeable and shared the history. He gave us time to explore on our own which was nice. Our excursion continued with a visit to one of the world's longest underground rivers which has been featured in National Geographic. This place was amazing and packed with adventure, adrenalin, excitement, fear, and amazement. The excursion included a riding on a unimog 4x4, zip lining, rapelling into a cenote, and snorkeling in Hohoch. The day ended with a wonderful authentic Mayan lunch. It was the best meal I had during my entire vacation. I highly recommend this excursion. It's one that I will never forget.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

During our 2013 August summer vacation, we took the Alltournative Tulum + The Jungle Maya tour and it was the best experience ever. Our tour guide Rebeca (fully fluent in English) was knowledgeable and caring about the native Mayan community as she explained the different conservation efforts in the area. We have stories to share with the zip lines, snorkeling in the Cenote water underground rivers, saw live bats/iguanas, shared a home made meal that the native Mayan family had cooked for us and toured the extensive Tulum ruins area and its rich historical events. Our tour guide Rebeca made even more fun from beginning to end. What and experience and memories !!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had an awesome experience at the Tulum Jungle Maya. Our guides Annalissa and Sergio were very knowledgeable about the history of the culture. We had an amazing time zip lining and snorkeling in the caves! Visting Tulum was amazing! I would recommend this excursion.