“Fun excursion - Good for variety of ages and thrill seekers”

Alltournative Lifetime Experiences
Cancun Jungle Tour: Tulum, Cenote Snorkeling, 4x4 Ride and Ziplining
Ranked #2 of 383 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We have 6 excursions that combine approach to the Maya culture, exciting activities and contact with nature. Our expeditions are designed for anyone willing to explore the jungle, pristine cenotes and learn about the cultural heritage. We operate in small groups with highly qualified guides. * Coba Maya Encounter: visit the archaeological site of Coba and a Mayan community where we do adventure activities in natural surroundings such as rappelling, zip-lining, canoeing and jungle trekking. * Coba Mayaville: especially for those who want to visit Coba and have a genuine and sustainable approach with Mayan communities to learn about their culture, history and traditions, including the Mayan ceremony. * Tulum Jungle Maya: visit the famous archaeological site of Tulum and enter a natural reserve where we do adventure activities such as snorkeling, rappelling, sip-lining, 4x4 and swimming in cenotes. * Ek-Balam Cenote Maya: explore the best preserved archaeological site of the Maya culture and the largest Yucatan cenote where we can do optional adventure activities. * Jungle Maya: This half-day expedition offers adventure activities in a privileged natural reserve recommended by National Geographic Snorkeler for its incredible cenotes and the access to the longest underground river in the world: the Sacactun System. * nATiVe'S: a unique half day excursion to enjoy the jungle while driving an ATV. The route includes a cave, maya ceremony and a cenote where you can swim in crystal clear fresh water.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Our host Jose was great. Funny, witty and very informative. We have done other zip line and cenotes in playa del Carmen and by far this was better. Well organized and safety conscious. Snorkeling in the cave was memorable. Cost was a good value. We had 21 year olds and 11 year olds and it was good excitement for both ages.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,707)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We so enjoyed the mixture of archeology, culture, and adventure on this tour. We got to climb the pyramid at Coba, visit a Mayan village, zip line over the jungle lagoon, and repel into a beautiful cenote in the jungle - truly an unforgettable experience. Our guide "Castillo" had in-depth knowledge of the history and ecology of the region that made the trip fascinating. The tour group has partnered with the native Mayans in a way that allows them to develop their own businesses while living on their native lands. This tour is worth the investment for all involved, the Mayans, tour operators, and of course your personal enjoyment. We loved it.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been on so many excursions, and this is not only by far the best, but the only one where I was itching to do it again the next day! Our guide Angela was amazing, she joked with us, pushed us harder and was honest and knowledgable about the ruins. Climbing the ruins was incredible, especially since so many of the ruins are "hands off" now. The authentic food was the best I had on this trip to Mexico.

My advice, wear water proof clothing since you repel into a cave in either your hiking gear (sans shoes and socks) or your bathing suit. Rent a bike at Coba (35 pesos), it gives you plenty of time to climb up and see the smaller ruins afterwards. Push yourself to climb the ruin as well, since who knows how much longer that will be allowed.

I honestly know the next time I am in the Maya Rivera, I am doing this trip again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to experience adventure, culture, and relaxation. Sounds impossible to get in one tour? Absolutely not!! This tour was great!! The groups are small and the our guide Reiza was the best. He took the time to make sure we were all comfortable, having fun, safe, and he explained everything we were doing. He went above and beyond to educate us on the culture of everything from the food, to the ruins in Tulum, to the environment. He was fantastic. You can see a bit of everything on this tour. The beach at Tulum is breathtaking. I would recommend this day excursion and alltournative to anyone!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

At the beginning of July, my boyfriend and I booked the Jungle Maya adventure to Tulum. The Mayan ruins were a beautiful sight to behold, and we even got to swim on the beach next to the ancient structures! We also loved the snorkeling in the cenotes, and the zip lining experience was safe yet adrenaline-filled. The Mayan lunch provided for us was excellent, and the salsas were seriously spicy (Mexican food lovers, this is a delicious treat!)! Our guides, Lily and Liana (I think that was her name, I forgot!), were incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. This was definitely the highlight of our trip...thank you for an incredible experience!