Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
$297
$236
$292
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$294
$517
$229
$535
$519
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$396
$333
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$487
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$761
Bookit.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
6,254 results
All reviewsrodeo grillbruschettayucatan buffetmain poolswim up roomsports parkfoam partytao restaurantdouble showerplaza bararoma restaurantroom servicefire showwater shoescasino nightsun all daya la carte restaurants
Reviewed March 29, 2015

I enjoyed my 30th birthday at Yucatan Platinum in January 2015. It was my first trip to Mexico, and I have truly enjoyed it. The hotel is amazing : this was the 5-stars experience I had dreamed about and they have exceeded my expectations. It was very clean, peaceful and relaxing. I was welcomed at the hotel with champagne during the check-in. The room was huge : two double beds, a very nice and large shower and a bath. You have a mini fridge (refilled every day) and a jacuzzi right outside your room. Plus, there is a concierge service where you can call anytime, 24 hours, if you have any problems. You can order food, order ice or any troubles in your room. For example, we have trouble with the air conditioner, and they sent someone to fix it in less than 5 minutes. The concierge always call back to make sure you are satisfied !

You have access to the beach, directly from the hotel if you want to enjoy the sun. However I would recommend going to Playa Del Carmen : a 15 minutes bus trip from the hotel and there are shuttle buses every day leaving from the hotel.

The restaurants are really good. My favorite was the Rodeo Grill, where you can eat delicious steaks. Bruschetta, the italian restaurant, and Thao, the asiatic restaurant, are also two awesome dining experiences. There is also a buffet, where you can find different kind of foods.

The Platinum Yucatan Princess also has 8 different bars. The bar's employees are truly dedicated and always want to help you to make sure you have the time of your life at the hotel. There are a lot of different drinks you can try, my favorite was the Correcaminos, which is a mix of coconut cream, vodka and amaretto.

Finally, this hotel has a SPA, if you want to relax. You can experience massages, sauna and a water circuit.

Yucatan Princess is definitely a 5 stars hotel experience in Riviera Maya, one I can recommend to anyone and one you won't regret. I am already planning to go back there next winter !

Room Tip: Platinum Deluxe. Best rooms are in block 5.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sebastien T
Reviewed March 29, 2015

This was our third time back to the Princess so we decided to try the Platinum Yucatan. We love children but it was soooooo nice that it is an adult only hotel. Our check went off without a hitch and very fast. Staff showed us to our room along with our luggage. We were in building 4 on the top floor room was fantastic! King bed and a large hot tub on our deck! Something that we were not expecting. Plus free wifi!!!! Just writing this review wants me to go back! Food and presentation great in all of the restaurants and buffets. You could party all day or relax at the quite pool. Never a problem finding a chair at the playa or pool! The staff were there and eager to serve. If you go just remember Mexico has 31 provinces and 1 federal state. LOL That was for the entertainment director! You are welcome to use other Princess facilities next door which we did but were glad to get back to the Platinum. We spent a lot of time at the beach and yes there is a problem with the seaweed. It is a problem all down the Myan coast! The hotel staff are working none stop to clean it up! You could always find a place to swim weed free. It always seems to be less of a problem the more you drink!
We returned to Canada on March 27th and had a week of sunshine despite what was forecast before we left! I may not be no Robert Duvall, or a Beef farmer from Saskatchewan,LOL but I do know how to have a good time and we will return to the Platinum Yucatan Princess!

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
20  Thank DangoWyevaleOn
Reviewed March 29, 2015

We spent 7 nights here in Dec, 2014 - traveled as a couple.

1st impression: When we arrived at the hotel our 1st impression was WOW... it is just beautiful. We checked in fairly quickly (no lines) and were given all the information needed to get us started on our holiday!

The room:
Our room was in the 1000 block and was a swim out room, I highly recommend the swim out room, there was nothing more relaxing than being able to hang on your own private patio reading books, swimming, sun tanning - you get the picture! One other thing that was nice is the waiters come around the swim out area quite often and will bring you drinks right there!
The room was beautiful, nicely decorated, really nice bathroom and amenities which were stocked daily. The only thing that didn't work was we had problems getting hot water in the shower (room 1008) but we also didnt call maintenance to fix it, it wasnt that big of a deal.

The bars: I personally liked the 24 hour bar the best! The waiters were so nice and we always had great service there, and the views of the garden area was quite nice. The 24 hour bar is next to the regular buffet and the disco. The disco was pretty fun on the weekend but during the week was really quiet. We became friends with Angel at the Disco and he was always there to take care of us and have nice conversations with, such a great guy !

We spent a lot of time at the bar in the middle (I forget the name) but it was a lot of fun ! Situated between 2 specialty restaurants it was the hub for couples waiting for their table to be ready. If you like espresso martini's this is the place to get one! My only suggestion here would be for the hotel to upgrade to some different hard alcohol choices. We heard that if you asked for 'the good stuff' it was hidden in the back but whenever we asked we were unable to get it. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have some higher quality liquor.

The restaurants were all really nice! my favorite for breakfast was the rodeo grill which was right in the middle of the resort by the main pool. The staff were SO nice and the food was always hot and fresh. It's smaller than the main buffet area but has many of the same options with outdoor seating which is a nice touch. The only restaurant we didnt care for was the Japanese, the chicken and pork at the teppanakyi was not cooked through and was too salty to enjoy.

The resort has special shows every night and if you are there for Saturday I highly recommend the beach party ! They had a live jamaican band and everyone was dancing, they were making different types of mojitos right on the beach...so much fun, you have to go !

Beach: Nice for sun tanning but too rocky to really swim, take a beach bag and walk 20 min in either direction for some good swimming and you will be fine.

The hotel offers free shuttles to playa del carmen, talk to the bell boys at the reception area for times, I believe they depart every hour. Although a cab isn't that much (20 USD), its free so why not take advantage of it! Nice added touch

I would recommend this resort to friends & family, and I would return again! Thanks for the great holiday!

Oh forgot to mention - room service is great and fast !! Get the chicken club w fries, so good! We also would order 10+ beers at a time and it was delivered no problem!

Tip: Swim out rooms in block 1000 get the most sun.

Room Tip: swim out rooms in the 1000 block receive the most sun
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank mishymuffincakes
Reviewed March 28, 2015

My Girlfriend and I just returned from this resort yesterday and thought that I would add my 2 cents . I should note that we have high expectations when we travel to the Cancun area as we have stayed here many times always at all inclusive , adults only resorts. Upon arrival the place is beautiful and was only completed in Oct. 2014. the check in service was fine with no problems. We were given a room in bldg. 3000 with a swim up room and we were quite satisfied . Although we prefer the tradition "tropical theme" decor to ultra modern it was plan and simple with all the bells and whistles. We were very happy that we chose the swim up room as it was nice to sit out and read and dip yourself in the pool whenever you felt the urge . The shower was awesome and plenty of room for you and your honey if you decide , with great over head showers and no lack of hot water . the service was very good and the staff are very friendly and always happy to accomodate your needs and / or questions. Those are an example of the positives. On to the negatives #1, the beach area was great ! with plenty of huts and lounge chairs but the water is barely accessible because of all the seaweed and rocks . the staff does work hard at removing the seaweed it is an impossible task and a bit unfortunate for those who like to go in for a dip . I should add that you are able to walk to the sister hotel on the right about 100 yards to the right where it is easier to swim . #2 the food was not acceptable for a 4 star hotel !. mainly bland and improperly seasoned. Breakfast at the Rodeo is ok and you can get just about any thing you want . the breakfast sausage tasted like rotten bologna the breads have no flavor and butter can not be found anywhere ( only "plastic" aka margarine is available). La Bruscetta the italian place was pretty good and probably our favorite. Aroma was probably the worst meal we have ever had at a 4 star resort. I ordered the monk fish and need a steak knife to cut it , my GF ordered the Salmon and it was also horrible . the sauces they make to cover up the food are also horrible and bland , badly in need of salt , pepper and garlic!. along our culinary journey we ate at Tao the japanese hibatchi restaurant.. mixed reviews !!! the salad was just some lettuce with very little dressing with no flavor , the next cource was soup ... HORRIBLE ! looked and tasted like dirty dish water and as I looked around our table of 10 no one even attempted to try there soup but I was starving and curious( and dissapointed). the hibatchi main course was well presented by a talented chef that went through the customary knife tricks and" egg roll" schtick, but it lacked any flavor aside from the tons of soy sauce used and as a result was a bit dissapointing , however the one highlight of this meal which was quite unique was the suschi table that was on a conveyor belt that continuosly circled a large rectangle seating area. a nice assortment of suschi was prepared right in front of you and was quite good. the Yucatan restaurant at the end of the restaurant zone was good for lunches and dinner with a fresh grill station and plenty of choices of fresh foods. the high light is the desserts ! I am not a big dessert fan but the selections of mousses ,cheesecakes and chocolate mini's was fabulous! there you have it , my review of the Platinum Yucatan Princess we had a blast .. as we always do when we go away and as I said the hotel and service was great but the food left much to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
8  Thank scott1370
Reviewed March 28, 2015

Check in was a nightmare. Show up early and room was not ready, told to come back at 3. No problem check in is at 3. Come back at 3:20, room NOT ready told to come back in an hour. come back at 5 guess what, still not ready. Said give me any room told none available, but people are there switching rooms, how can this be if none are available. 5:30 room is ready told we can add two hours at checkout, flight leaves at 12:00pm, do the math. Get golf cart to room finally and go to open door... room keys don't work...told I have to go back to front desk to fix. Now Im looking for things to be wrong and didn't have to look to hard. Concrete around pools was in horrible condition, you could not walk barefoot on it if you wanted to. Went to steakhouse one night and had a good meal, went on a different night with friends who spoke Spanish and ordered the same thing but got a different meal. Beach was small, pool was cold people were friendly but guests were not top priority. went to concierge to get info on our return transfer and told to go next door, go next door and hey told me I had to go work with our concierge. Go to get a drink at the bar and told I cant drink there. Bottom line this place sucked, do yourself a favor and go anywhere but here.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
9  Thank Fred J
Obed C, Gerente at Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Dear guest,

We appreciate you have taken the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We regret to know that we have not fulfilled your expectations during your visit. Please be certain that we have taken your feedback seriously and we will work in our opportunity areas in order to deliver better service to our guests.

However if you allow me I would like to clarify that according with our records, your check-in was at 3:45pm and not at 5:00 pm

If you ever decide to give yourself a second chance, you can be sure we will be waiting for you with arms wide open and willing to offer you the exceptional experience you deserve.

Warm Regards,