All reviews restaurant downstairs the hotel's restaurant quaint hotel mexican charm street noise hot water rooftop bar restaurants and shops beach towels fifth avenue ferry to cozumel minute walk to the beach the entire staff my favorite king bed carboncitos balcony
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Cielo hotel is a nice clean hotel located close to everything a traveler needs. The room was nice with lots of windows therefore bright in the mornings. They have curtains. The sink however is next to the bed, separate from the bathroom. Washing your face the brushing teeth was a challenge since there is no room to position your head over the sink. A/C worked well and the bed was a comfortable full bed but a little tight for 2 people to sleep. There was No refrigerator and WiFi was weak.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mario7054
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! The outside sink situation is common here in Mexico. It is somthing many forgeiners are not used to. We so appreciate the time you took to write this review for us. You touched on some very important points that are important for your fellow TripAdvisor members to know about. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Riviera Maya!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Well, as a frequent traveller, you know how it is when you find a boutique hotel, in a downtown setting, that is just a few feet off the main drag but quiet and cozy so you sleep well but don't need a taxi to when it time to go Downtown!
Well, I stayed three nights in a Hotel Cielo in downtown Playa del Carmen and to be brutally honest I wasn't expecting that much, knowing that I have often had to give up a quiets nights sleep just to be where the action is (think the Art deco area of MiamiBeach and you'll know what I mean). What a surprise to find out not only did I get a great rate for such a prime location, but in addition I was provided with a room that was off the main street and quiet so I could get a good nights sleep!
The mattress was comfortable, which is another huge win! The sheets and towels were clean and fresh and the maid service spot on!
As if that were not enough, the Mexican bistro restaurant on site served fresh and delicious breakfasts and dinner and I chose to sit in the outdoor tables and was able to people watch and soak up the great Mexican beach culture which I could easily see 100 meters down the street!
Wanted to give a special shout out to the Front Desk team who are there 24/7 and look after every detail from extra towels and water to setting up my taxi for early Airport call to Cancun!
I am really happy I found this quaint authentic Mexico boutique hotel, and I will certainly head back when I am there again in August!
Nice work Hotel Cielo
Oh yeah one more important note; the owner is on site most of the day and as we all know that means everything runs smooth!
Thanks you!

Room Tip: Depending on your needs the backside was perfect for me as I was there on business I needed a quiet place to work a bit as well!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Soho P
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you for the time in writing this amazing review. We are so pleased you had such a great experience with us and thank you for the time you took to write this beautiful review.. Every review we can learn from since there are so many options for you to choose from in Playa del Carmen. We thank you for choosing us and for writing this for your fellow TripAdvisor members to see.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at Hotel Cielo many times since 2008. An authentic Mexican hotel that is just a short walk to the beach and all the shops on 5th Avenue. The hotel staff are incredibly awesome, super friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable, including A/C , Flatscreen Tv’s, a combination safe,
Shampoo, conditioner, soap and body cream are provided. Each floor has a water cooler for your convenience. Beach towels are provided. The rooftop offers an amazing view and lounge chairs if you don’t want to go to the beach. And the best place to get breakfast with the best waiters is right down the stairs at Carboncito’s. Your coffee will be served with an Oreo cookie. Enjoy!!!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo

We just love this review and the fact you come back so much! It truly is a testament that we are doing what we strive to do with our custome service. Playa del Carmen is growing vastly and we are not immune to know there is so much competition. This is why your review is so powerful. We thank you for your loyalty and for the time you took to write this. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip because we know we will!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

I found this hotel and love it centrally located near %5th Ave and 1 block from the beach.
Charming and tastefully decorated..
I loved room with the balcony and partial ocean view.. ideal for quite evening.

Restaurant downstairs and ideal location in Playa del Carmen..

Room Tip: Best views from a balcony room..
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for your recommendation of the balcony room. Your review means so much to us for the time you took to write it, as well as, the thoughtful details. We are very happy that you found us on your stay in Playa del Carmen. We are honored that you shared your experience with us with your other Trip Advisor peers. We hope to see you on your next visit to Playa!

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel!! Loved our room. Visit the rooftop with a nice beverage and enjoy the view. The bartender made us wonderful drinks which we took to the roof.

Carbonitos cannot be topped for breakfast or evening meal. The waiters are friendly and prices reasonable.

We are returning this year as well and look forward to visiting again

Thank you Hotel Cielo for an amazing experience

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

What a beautiful review from you. Thank you so much. We are thrilled you got to enjoy the rooftop. It is our secret hiding place. Thank you for mentioning Carboncitos and we are happy you got to enjoy the different meals there, not just breakfast. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit and thank you again for this review!