“Can't wait to go back again and again!”
Review of Hotel Cielo

Hotel Cielo
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Spokane, Washington
“Can't wait to go back again and again!”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

This is the second year in a row my husband and I stayed at Hotel Cielo. We loved it so much last year that we had to come back. We upgraded to a balcony room, #21 for around $99 a night. This hotel is very charming and has a perfect location, close to the ferry and Ado bus station. Our room was clean and a very nice size. When we go back next year I think we will try to reserve the same room again. We were a little disappointed that the roof top bar was not open but you still could go to the roof and enjoy the beautiful view. From what I understand they are going to try and have it running later this year.

While the hotel is so delightful what brings us back each year are the people who work there. Henry is amazing as well as all of the front desk staff; I wish I knew all of their names to give them the recognition they deserve. Theses people go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. The same goes for the staff at Carboncitos. We will continue to choose Hotel Cielo for our travels to Playa. Thanks again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Toronto
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Cielo for 5 nights during our trip to Mexico last week. We loved everything about it. We first got room #2 on the ground floor for a very cheap rate. This room is beautiful, we loved the arch design, it was cheap only because the window is small and doesn't let in a lot of sunlight. The only problem was that the cold water tap wasn't working so the next day we got a free upgrade to room #13 on the second floor.
Something the hotel should consider changing is the internet. Free wireless is available but it was extremely slow, kept disconnecting and reconnecting, so it wasn't very useful.
Henry was very helpful, always happy to assist us and give us advice about anything we asked, including excursions and local places to eat. The staff in both the hotel and the hotel's restaurant were wonderful, always helpful with a smile!
We had breakfast at the restaurant everyday, and we loved it - especially the mexican eggs and ranchero eggs were delicious!
We have no complaints about this hotel. It is a wonderful simple hotel, in excellent location (1 block to the beach).
Highly recommended to anyone! we can't wait to go back!

Minnesota
Reviewed February 22, 2010

What a great little gem of a hotel! So quaint and charming... exactly what we were looking for! Great location! 1 block to the beach - You could see the beach from our hotel balcony. Perfect proximity to restaurants, shopping, nightlife, beach. The food was great - beer was cheap, only $2 for a Sol! Of course, Henry was a fantastic concierge. Always willing to answer questions, give recommendations or just chit-chat with us and the kids! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will definitely be back...hopefully soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Bucks County, Pa.
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Have stayed here 5 times- my goal is to try every room-each is a little different. Like the authentic hotels better than timeshare, Carboncitos has best french toast in town! . Staff is best of the best- very good english speaking skills and very willing to help. Very festive and peaceful people , Very safe

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms. But most of all the service by the staff is unquestionable the best I have ever encountered in my many years of traveling throughout Mexico. I recommend Henry the concierge for any questions you may have. He is a trouper and is always ready and willing to help with a smile.This was my second visit to Hotel Cielo..."the first time I went with my wife who enjoyed her stay as well". I am now classifying Hotel Cielo my home away from home when traveling.

Melbourne
Reviewed February 9, 2010

First off if you’re looking for a typical chain hotel with room service and 200 identical rooms this is not your hotel.
This hotel was great all round I can’t fault it and the staff very friendly and helpful. It has a nice home feel to it, each room is different.
There is also an internet cafe with phones and computers next door which is very cheap.
Also the restruarant next-door also where you get 10% off and free breakfast had the best and cheapest food around.
We stayed here twice in two different rooms in our trip after coming back from Cuba and not liking it.
Though there is one thing if you want to sleep-in till late you won’t be doing that from a room that faces the street.
I’ll be back!
Thanks!

alberta
Reviewed February 8, 2010

This is the best little hotel on 5th Ave strip. I have stayed there a couple of times these last 6 months and had a great trip. Henry is so helpfull for anything you want or need and will make it happen if it is possible. Rooms are very clean and staff is great, the resturant down stairs is one of the best places to eat. I know that I would not stay anywhere else when I go down. Please contact me if you need any other info about this hot spot...Good luck and Enjoy your stay....
Alberta Canada