All reviews restaurant downstairs the hotel's restaurant quaint hotel mexican charm street noise hot water rooftop bar restaurants and shops beach towels fifth avenue ferry to cozumel minute walk to the beach the entire staff my favorite king bed carboncitos balcony
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Really nice staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. It is right near the beach, but without any parking. With recommendations from the staff, though, we were able to find affordable parking nearby. This area of Playa del Carmen is very touristy, but if you are looking for a great place to stay right in the middle of it all, this is your place!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank matwhoo
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for the time and courtesy of writing this review for us. There are many options of hotels here in Playa del Carmen so each review is very important for us. We truly are happy that you were able to stay with us and that it was a good experience for you. Thank you for recommending us to your Trip Advisor peers. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Great location, 1 min walk to the beach, rooms were clean, staff could not be any nicer!!
It was our daughters bday and we asked at the front desk for a place to buy a b-day cake. Not only did they recommend a place but they offered to decorate the room while we were out. They did a great job!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Pattycake1981
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thank you for the time in writing this review. We are so pleased you had such a great experience with us and for your daughter's birthday! Every review we can learn from since there are so many options for you to choose from in Playa del Carmen. We thank you for choosing us and for writing this for your fellow TripAdvisor members to see. We hope to see you and your family again soon for a special event or not!

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

6 years later, I came back to Hotel Cielo. Last time I was here was with my friends, this time I spent 8 magical days with my fiancee. I can't believe how much this hotel has improved! While Playa del Carmen has grown and changed, going from a secret getaway to a vacation hotspot, Hotel Cielo has managed to retain the spirit of this beautiful Mexican beach town. Situated in a prime location, this hotel greets you with a classic Mexican charm, which seems to be lost in some of the surrounding hotels. The concierge holds the key to enjoying Playa del Carmen, with recommendations on activities and things to do in the area, catered to what we were interested. The owners provide a hand selected list of the restaurants in the area they frequent (Even if the hotel's restaurant provides some of the best drinks and food in the area). One of our most romantic evenings was spent on the roof of the hotel, underneath a beautiful night sky, with just enough separation from the streets below to be in our own little bubble. I want to thank Steven once again for all the work he has put into this gem of a hotel, both in the physical structure and the hospitality and knowledge of its employees. I have nothing bad to say about any of the employees or facilities. I can't wait to see how much more this hotel can improve. My only regret is not staying longer, something I look forward to fixing next time I come back!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank thegreatmoo90
HotelCielo, Propietario at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

WOW! What a great review! This one stands out because you have been with us before and see the difference in how Playa has evolved over the years. We are so glad you thought to come back to us. Thank you for the time you took to write this review. It is a powerful one and we thank you for these kind words. We are so happy we could give you another great experience and we hope that you will come back for many more!

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been my favorite so far. It is quiet and I love the decor. The restaurant down stairs in amazing. You are 1.5 blocks from the ocean and a few steps away from Main Street. Lots of things to do and see. Staff was great, polite and welcoming. It is very clean and maintained. Wifi was great and it cable tv and AC. Everything you could ask for at a great price. And two ice cream shops on the corner! We will be back!

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Kelsey K
HotelCielo, Propietario at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2017

Thank you so much! This review is very important to us with the details that you included. Thank you for taking the time to write this to let your TripAdvisor peers know about us! Each review is very important to us. We are so glad to be called your favorite!

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Well situated in center of beach community very close to Playa, restaurants and activity.
Hosts were helpful, facilities are clean and charming/unique.

No parking (must use nearby public lot which is only $200 pesos for 24 hours).
We were able to drive up to hotel to unload suitcases, but it is generally for pedestrians only.

No coffee maker or fridge.
Standard room means one bed with no view.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank MPope190
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Each of your points was spot on and help other Trip Advisor members see what we have to offer. We are so glad you were able to spend some time with us. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Playa del Carmen!