“Perfect location”
Review of Hotel Cielo

Hotel Cielo
Ranked #18 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel Cielo is a very comfortable place to stay. The staff was excellent, rooms very nice and breakfast at half price was the best! The beach club that they offer is excellent. It's just a few blocks away and worth going. Great location on the beach with waiter service. Outside rooms can be a little noisy in the early morning from the street cleaners. Other than that, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Inside rooms if your a light sleeper
2  Thank JimMacKBoston
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you Jim Mack Boston for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & appreciate the kind words, thank you for mentioning the staff, they really do their best to help create a great vacation experience. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we hope to see you on your journey to the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed for a week at the Hotel Cielo. At first, I did not like that we had an interior room since we had paid for a "superior" I assumed it would have been an outside room. Miguel showed me other rooms that were available, but I decided to stay with our original room. It was darker, not much light, having no exterior windows, but the only time we were in there was to sleep, so it actually worked out great. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was very clean every day. The only issue I had with the room was that the shower pressure was not strong, at all. It took quite a while to get the shampoo out. Also our ceiling fan was a little squeaky. Other than that, I would stay here again. Its location a block from the beach was great. The restaurant downstairs had good food at good prices. They have an agreement with a beach club a couple blocks away that will get you beach chairs (and an umbrella if you are early enough). Around 10 pm or so, everything went quiet around the hotel, which made for easy sleeping. Besides the location being awesome, the staff is even better. Miguel went out of his way for us each day, helping us with taxi's, reservations, etc. The staff at night were extremely friendly as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you K the explorer for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our apologies about the water pressure, but its standard for the Playa del Carmen area, I wish it could be more. I see the beds are becoming some what the BUZZ, excellent, a good night sleep is very important to us. Thanks for mentioning the staff, they are an important part of our success & we thank them as well. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we hope to see you on your journey to the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is an adorable property with great staff. The room was clean and nicely decorated but most importantly had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in Mexico. I travel to Playa del Carmen frequently and can say that this is a great place to stay, better than most by far. I will stay here again as long as the rates stay reasonable... I hope they do! The location is great and in a very safe and fun city. Don't be afraid to travel here. I go a few times a year, travel up and down the coast in rental cars and public busses and have never encountered any problems. Mexico is a wonderful country with fabulous people. Trouble will not find you unless you go looking for it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Kingstupka for taking the time to write your review. Hmmmm.....the Beds.....I think I am going into the mattress business. LOL. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & were able to experience our warmth & charm. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we hope to see you on your journey to the Mayan Riviera .

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband, daughter and I, stayed at Hotel Cielo end of Feb. for 2 weeks. This hotel was very comfortable, clean and great value indeed. We slept well, had clean, fresh linens, fresh towels, A/C, hot water, internet, cold drinking water, beach towels, cool roof view, everything you need. It had a great Mexican feel about it, cheery atmosphere, close to 5th ave shopping, and the bus. But what this hotel had that others did not , were some amazing people at the front desk. We can not say enough about them. They made this little hotel, a home away from home. We felt like we were family. There were several great staff, but the two that we had most often, and who we will remember, were Miguel, and Simone. They were both excellent.
Miguel, was by far the most efficient, helpful, intuitive, reliable, willing, and honest staff member we have ever encountered on our travels. He made the Cielo a warm, friendly place to come and go from. He always had a friendly smile, and time for you. He makes this hotel a five star.
We also met the manager at the front desk once, Steven, I believe his name was, an American; and we wished he would have taken the time to have a drink, or share a meal with his guests, as he seemed intriguing, maybe next time. He is obviously running this hotel efficiently.
We spent a week there, and ate next door at the restaurant, every morning. The food was good. You are right in the heart of things at the Cielo. Again, our hats off to MIGUEL! keep up the smiling hospitality my friend.

Room Tip: We had room 18, second floor. it had a beautiful little balcony on the street side, and you could wa...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you RichyB for taking the time to write your review. We love the , "Unexpected Treasure" title, thank you for the kind words. We are delighted that you & your family were able to experience our warmth & charm, & the fact that you felt like you were family.... is just what we wanted. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we hope to see you on your journey to the Mayan Riviera

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at cielo for 11 nights march 2012 @ I was very impressed. Migual at the front desk was super he showed me several rooms to choose from. I wanted quiet @ thats exactlly what i got. Breakfast at the restaurant was 50% off and it was great. I will be staying again @ recomending to everyone. The owner happened to be in town so I met him @ he was very acomidating with guestions that I had. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you Donmeyer506 for taking the time to write your review. Well.....we are delighted you got just what you wanted....this is just what we wanted. We appreciate the kind words & thank you for recommending Hotel Cielo to everyone. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to seeing when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera
Owner / Manage

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a Great little hotel. Hotel Cielo is a hacienda, botiqueish, cool little hotel that drums to their own beat. Rooms are cool, old world meets new world, hacienda style with Awesome mattresses which are hard to come by here, we slept like babys. Rustic style furnishing, new linens, great A/C,hot water, Internet was good, love the cold water in the halls, nice touch. The staff were wonderful, they are really concerned about your stay & will go out of their way to accommodate you. Had a chat with Steve the owner & we got the same feeling from him as well, he really cares, sent us to restaurants that he eats at, cenotes that he goes to, even sent us into the back streets too eat some real local flavor, my wife was so scared..... but everyone was so nice, the chicken was the best I ever had, so delicious. We felt like such fools, so ignorant, Playa is probably safer then where I live in NY & I am paying $12,000.00 a year in property taxes, go figure, I know now you really cant trust the media. After our "adventure", we ventured out even more. What we loved the most, was the service, I give you 5 Stars, we felt like we knew everyone for a long time, I cant explain it, but what ever you guys are doing, its working, I had to drag my wife out of there, we both didn't want to leave. Kudos to everyone at Hotel Cielo, its a place where everyone wants to come back, we met a few return guests & so will we. Thank you for a great vacation. Sincerely John

Room Tip: Had room 24, big window, not the best view, but the roomwas cool 14 foot cielings, bed in arched out...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you JohnS for taking the time to write your review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay & thank you for the "5 STAR SERVICE" comment, it is then we know we are creating a great Hotel, thank you for noticing that we really do care. It was a pleasure to have met you & your wife, I laughed when I read about your adventure to the chicken place, too funny. Again thank you for the 5 Stars. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to your return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera .

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Walked up to reception and said ola, and Miguel the manager already knew my name. Beautiful little hotel 50 feet from 5th ave and 1 block to the ADO bus station. Rooms are cheery and mexi-boutique with extremely comfortable beds. Complaints nada, weak wifi maybe. 50% off breakfast next door is excellent at really good restaurant. Terrific value, we did 2 nights here then 3 in Tulum at Cabanas la Luna and finished with 5 nights at Gran Bahia Sian Ka'an. It was all so easy because the bus is right there at Cielo.

• Stayed: March 2012