All reviews restaurant downstairs restaurant carboncitos recommend hotel charming hotel ado bus station mexican charm perfect location mexican hotel street noise small hotel hot water rooftop bar fifth avenue beach towels ferry to cozumel tacos block
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Walked up to reception and said ola, and Miguel the manager already knew my name. Beautiful little hotel 50 feet from 5th ave and 1 block to the ADO bus station. Rooms are cheery and mexi-boutique with extremely comfortable beds. Complaints nada, weak wifi maybe. 50% off breakfast next door is excellent at really good restaurant. Terrific value, we did 2 nights here then 3 in Tulum at Cabanas la Luna and finished with 5 nights at Gran Bahia Sian Ka'an. It was all so easy because the bus is right there at Cielo.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed March 13, 2012

After travelling through Mexico for 2 weeks, we stayed at Hotel Cielo at the end of our trip. This Hotel was refreshing way to finish our holiday. True Mexican decor, very comfortbale . The staff were very friendly and helpful, photocopied documents for us, (at no cost). Location is right in the centre of town. Restaurant next door was our afternoon cocktail meeting venue and served complimentary snacks. Breakfast was good value for Hotel guests (50% discount)

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My girlfriend stayed at Cielo for a 3 nights in Feb 2012, the room was nice, but smelt musty and view out of the window was terrible. It was generally a very clean hotel, and i loved the feel of the place. I would recommend it to everyone as a good hotel. The breakfast next door was great value at 50% off, you should have a breakfast buritto!

The staff were very friendly and the bed was extremely comfortable but unbelievable squeaky!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Cielo for a week in February. I was immediately impressed with their service - upon our arrival we ran into some friends from home, so the front desk staff offered to watch our bags before we checked in so we could join them for dinner. As a single female with a room alone I never felt unsafe - the hotel staff is very aware of everything going on at the hotel and keeps an eye out for their guests. The bed & pillows were quite possibly the best I have ever slept on. Normally I do not sleep as well on vacation as I do at home, however on this trip I slept like a baby. The restaurant next door was wonderful. Hotel guests get 50% off breakfast so we ate there every day. I tried something new each morning and was never disappointed; I would definitely recommend the omelet and breakfast burrito. The restaurant also has a juice bar where you can get custom-made smoothies (banana & chaya aka spinach was my favorite). Overall I would definitely give this hotel 5 out of 5 stars. The owner (Steve) and the staff are amazing and make you feel like family, and the accomodations make the guests feel pampered.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2012

room small nice clean has everything a low maint traveler needs. Breakfat next door was 50% off and very very good. If i was staying somewhere else I would go there for full price. The owner was nice and recommends some restaurants and things to do. In playa there a re a lot of bad restaurants (and many good ones) so this is very helpful.

I dont think they have any beach club affiliation and no pool. Pls correct me if I'm wrong that w/b the only downside.

Without hesitation I would stay here again, the convenience factor (walking distance with heavy bags from 5th ave bus station and everything else) is off the charts.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Thank you creep 1974 for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & that you felt our warmth & charm......this is our vibe...excellent that you experienced it. The restaurant list....what more can I say, its where I go to eat & I love GOOD food. For future reference, we do have several beach clubs that we work with but you are correct we do not have a pool. We hope to see you when you return to the Riviera Maya & we know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo.
Owner / Manager