“5 STAR SERVICE !!!!”

Ranked #25 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Holbrook, New York
“5 STAR SERVICE !!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a Great little hotel. Hotel Cielo is a hacienda, botiqueish, cool little hotel that drums to their own beat. Rooms are cool, old world meets new world, hacienda style with Awesome mattresses which are hard to come by here, we slept like babys. Rustic style furnishing, new linens, great A/C,hot water, Internet was good, love the cold water in the halls, nice touch. The staff were wonderful, they are really concerned about your stay & will go out of their way to accommodate you. Had a chat with Steve the owner & we got the same feeling from him as well, he really cares, sent us to restaurants that he eats at, cenotes that he goes to, even sent us into the back streets too eat some real local flavor, my wife was so scared..... but everyone was so nice, the chicken was the best I ever had, so delicious. We felt like such fools, so ignorant, Playa is probably safer then where I live in NY & I am paying $12,000.00 a year in property taxes, go figure, I know now you really cant trust the media. After our "adventure", we ventured out even more. What we loved the most, was the service, I give you 5 Stars, we felt like we knew everyone for a long time, I cant explain it, but what ever you guys are doing, its working, I had to drag my wife out of there, we both didn't want to leave. Kudos to everyone at Hotel Cielo, its a place where everyone wants to come back, we met a few return guests & so will we. Thank you for a great vacation. Sincerely John

Room Tip: Had room 24, big window, not the best view, but the roomwas cool 14 foot cielings, bed in arched out...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you JohnS for taking the time to write your review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay & thank you for the "5 STAR SERVICE" comment, it is then we know we are creating a great Hotel, thank you for noticing that we really do care. It was a pleasure to have met you & your wife, I laughed when I read about your adventure to the chicken place, too funny. Again thank you for the 5 Stars. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to your return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera .
Steven Krisztin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Walked up to reception and said ola, and Miguel the manager already knew my name. Beautiful little hotel 50 feet from 5th ave and 1 block to the ADO bus station. Rooms are cheery and mexi-boutique with extremely comfortable beds. Complaints nada, weak wifi maybe. 50% off breakfast next door is excellent at really good restaurant. Terrific value, we did 2 nights here then 3 in Tulum at Cabanas la Luna and finished with 5 nights at Gran Bahia Sian Ka'an. It was all so easy because the bus is right there at Cielo.

• Stayed March 2012
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2012

After travelling through Mexico for 2 weeks, we stayed at Hotel Cielo at the end of our trip. This Hotel was refreshing way to finish our holiday. True Mexican decor, very comfortbale . The staff were very friendly and helpful, photocopied documents for us, (at no cost). Location is right in the centre of town. Restaurant next door was our afternoon cocktail meeting venue and served complimentary snacks. Breakfast was good value for Hotel guests (50% discount)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My girlfriend stayed at Cielo for a 3 nights in Feb 2012, the room was nice, but smelt musty and view out of the window was terrible. It was generally a very clean hotel, and i loved the feel of the place. I would recommend it to everyone as a good hotel. The breakfast next door was great value at 50% off, you should have a breakfast buritto!

The staff were very friendly and the bed was extremely comfortable but unbelievable squeaky!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
des moines, ia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Cielo for a week in February. I was immediately impressed with their service - upon our arrival we ran into some friends from home, so the front desk staff offered to watch our bags before we checked in so we could join them for dinner. As a single female with a room alone I never felt unsafe - the hotel staff is very aware of everything going on at the hotel and keeps an eye out for their guests. The bed & pillows were quite possibly the best I have ever slept on. Normally I do not sleep as well on vacation as I do at home, however on this trip I slept like a baby. The restaurant next door was wonderful. Hotel guests get 50% off breakfast so we ate there every day. I tried something new each morning and was never disappointed; I would definitely recommend the omelet and breakfast burrito. The restaurant also has a juice bar where you can get custom-made smoothies (banana & chaya aka spinach was my favorite). Overall I would definitely give this hotel 5 out of 5 stars. The owner (Steve) and the staff are amazing and make you feel like family, and the accomodations make the guests feel pampered.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
minneapolis
Reviewed March 8, 2012

room small nice clean has everything a low maint traveler needs. Breakfat next door was 50% off and very very good. If i was staying somewhere else I would go there for full price. The owner was nice and recommends some restaurants and things to do. In playa there a re a lot of bad restaurants (and many good ones) so this is very helpful.

I dont think they have any beach club affiliation and no pool. Pls correct me if I'm wrong that w/b the only downside.

Without hesitation I would stay here again, the convenience factor (walking distance with heavy bags from 5th ave bus station and everything else) is off the charts.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you creep 1974 for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & that you felt our warmth & charm......this is our vibe...excellent that you experienced it. The restaurant list....what more can I say, its where I go to eat & I love GOOD food. For future reference, we do have several beach clubs that we work with but you are correct we do not have a pool. We hope to see you when you return to the Riviera Maya & we know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2012

After spending the previous 5 weeks "Adventure" travelling in Central America, Hotel Cielo was sheer luxury! Everything was modern, clean and bright and everything worked. The location is great, the staff, especially Miguel at the front desk, were wonderful and the french toast at the restaurant next door (where you get a discount for breakfast) was to die for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you hmeril for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate the kind words, we think Hotel Cielo is great too......"sheer luxury compared to the others"....we're smiling now & the staff is so happy to hear our service is starting to out shine our competition. We know there are many Hotels in Playa Del Carmen so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo, we look forward to seeing you when you return to the sunny Riviera Maya.