“Comfortable and Convenient”

Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Marathon, Florida
“Comfortable and Convenient”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Cielo one night in February 2011. Our room was comfortable and clean. The view from the rooftop was amazing! You can have a drink served up there. It’s a good location to the beach and restaurants in Playa del Carmen. Our breakfast was included with the room and served next door at Carboncitos.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Slipawaycpl, thank you for taking the time for writing your review, we really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay & our roof top garden. We hope you can stay loner on your next journey back.
Steven Krisztin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Here are some people that really care. The staff , super friendly & informative. Rooms very quaint & clean and it seems many of the rooms different, pretty cool....peeked in a few others. The hotel (building ) it self was as interesting as the rooms, nicely desgined, roof top was beautiful Asian design, really neat with an amazing view, they should open it for drinks. The restaurant, food is really good, service a little slow, but hey...we´re on vacation. As for the owners of Hotel Cielo......These guys really care, they go out of their way for you to experience Playa at its best. Really good people. They make us want to come come back. Thanks

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Jstluvinlife, thank you for seeing what we are trying to accomplish, we really do care & we will continue to build on these results. As for the design of the building, I myself fell in love with & its why I am still here, working on my labor of love. Ahhh....the roof top for drinks, I as well have been thinking about it, I will see what I can do, I promise. We are happy you had a great vacation experience & we thank you for staying at Hotel Cielo.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times...and the restaurant food was exceptional... This was a weekend stopover on the way to Belize, and when I first booked my trip is was traveling on my own and meeting friends there, so I had booked a "value" room (ground floor #2)..my wife joined me for the weekend and a "full size" bed was not really comfortable for us..we were moved to a different room and sleep quality was defiantly improved!

I would stay here again without hesitation....great value!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Pugwashtx, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad we were able to enhance your stay with Hotel Cielo & just so you know, we have been changing all full size beds to queens. Again, thank you for staying with Hotel Cielo.
Owner/ Manager
Roseville, California
Reviewed March 13, 2011

on a recent pass through playa del carmen, my wife, infant son, and i stayed a night at hotel cielo. the hotel was clean. the service was excellent. and above all, the location is unbeatable. the hotel is located a few blocks from the bus station and ferry dock. not to mention, it's a half block from the pedestrian shopping thoroughfare of fifth avenue. the staff speaks english and is offers information with eagerness. for 550 pesos, we received a room and breakfast for two. the on-site restaurant, carboncitos, was delicious. our waiter ruben was friendly and offered accurate area information. best of all, not a single hotel employee tried to sell us a timeshare!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Well, we love the good reviews. We are happy that we were able to provide you with a great service & value. We hope next time you & your family get to stay a little longer so we can show the local & off the beaten path places.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Friendly , convient, close to everything.
resturant on site, little noisy, take your ear plugs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Just returned from my second stay at Hotel Cielo and once again I had a great time, this time I invited my family to join me from Lancaster PA, we booked 5 rooms and they were all really nice rooms, some with a balcony and ocean views, my niece was celebrating her 18th Birthday and the owner or manager named Steve threw her a beautiful birthday party on the rooftop garden with live music, Steve didn't ask for any money and said he was happy to have us for the 1 week we had booked, it must have been the Full Moon, he also gave us some great places to eat besides the hotels excellent restaurant, for me it's the Pancakes and Bacon in the morning, I highly recommend this hotel, I also suggest you check out the rooftop garden with the most unbelievable view of the crystal blue sea, great place for a wedding if your looking to tie the knot, for me it's about to be untied,
will be back next year with my new girlfriend, keep up the great job and thanks again to Steve for the Birthday Party,

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Our third trip to Playa was even better than the last one!! This time we brought six other friends with us and we all had a blast. The hotel is right near the center of town but not too close to the music venues, which is great when you are trying to sleep! Our rooms were clean and the beds were made in a timely fashion every day. The front desk staff were attentive and reliable, giving us timely excursion prices and setting up airport transport quickly and efficiently.
The restaurant kicked it up a notch from the last time we were here... We had a delicious breakfast every morning ( I recommend the huevos rancheros and fresh OJ), and we all seemed to gravitate back for the happy hour every night (awesome margaritas and awesome salsas and chips). We highly recommend the restaurant/club Fusion for lunch and as a mellow beach hang out.
For diving, the front desk has a great recommendation. We saw turtles, eels and some beautiful fish.
For snorkeling, take a collective taxi to Akumaal. It was really great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends