We flew into Cancun, rented a car and stayed at this hotel in Playa Del Carmen on our way south. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and we received a free continental breakfast with fresh fruit (papaya, mango, watermelon), pastries, coffee, tea and juice. We rented two rooms, one for two people and one for three (our daughters). We were charged about $50 and $60 U.S. respectively. The rooms had cable, internet acess, hot showers, etc.
The location is just off Route 307 in town so no beach and the pool can hardly be called a pool as it is tiny, it's surrounded by high walls so you can only sun at high noon, but we were there because we wanted clean rooms at an inexpensive price - perfect for us! We also drove into Playa Del Carmen, walked around the shops and had dinner, that was a fun trip, neat little shops in town, our teenage daughters loved their time there picking out little gifts for their friends back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magic Express Hotel offers you accommodation for business and pleasure travelers, not far away from the thrilling atmosphere from Playa del Carmen. It is located few blocks away from the main Street at Playa del Carmen, the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue). From the main highway Cancun-Tulum, which takes you directly to Cancun International Airport (55 km), it is easy to access to the hotel facilities. Plaza Las Americas, one of the most important shopping centers in the city, is just 1.5 Km away. The 98 bedrooms in the building are equipped with Cable TV, telephone, air conditioning, free access to the WiFi Network, hair dryer, iron and iron board by request. Safe box is also available with additional cost. Continental breakfast is included in the rate. You can find as well a bar where you can enjoy alcoholic and non-alcoholic including snacks. Conference and events rooms are available at request for a capacity for up to 80 attendees. During the day you may want to spend your free time at the Beach Club, where you can redeem a bargain by showing the hotel's room access card. Additional info: swimming pool, gym public PC with Internet (additional charge $), bell-boy, late check-out ($ additional charge per hour, if available), early check-in if possible due to occupancy, luggage storage, ice machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Magic Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Magic Express Playa Del Carmen
- Magic Express Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico