We were planning to stay for only one or two night and end up with a total of four nights. We book it after reading the reviews and I have to say it is a budget hotel in Playa del Carmen. We have a car so we had no problem in driving around and the distance was not an issue.
We had wireless internet at no extra charge as well as the use of the safe in room.
The place is ok and they provide you for anything extra such as towels right away, even though the towells are very old and room need some touches of paint and perhaps change some head showers, but the water pressure is very good.
Too bad they did not have hair dryer in the room... I forgot mine.
The continental breakfast is very basic and light and served in disposable plates but still you get something to get ready for the day.
For the location it is very quiet and you can sleep with no problem. They have parking lot and is very safe.
They have a bar with a very decent selection and a variety of places where to eat, not on site, but again we have our car.
We did not use the pool since we spend more time on the beach or visiting other places.
We had a good time and it served our purpose so definetely we'll come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magic Express Hotel offers you accommodation for business and pleasure travelers, not far away from the thrilling atmosphere from Playa del Carmen. From the main highway Cancun-Tulum, which takes you directly to Cancun International Airport (55 km), it is easy to access to the hotel facilities. Plaza Las Americas, one of the most important shopping centers in the city, is just 1.5 Km away. The 98 bedrooms in the building are equipped with Cable TV, telephone, air conditioning, free access to the WiFi Network, hair dryer, iron and iron board by request. Safe box is also available with additional cost. Continental breakfast is included in the rate. You can find as well a bar where you can enjoy alcoholic and non-alcoholic including snacks. Conference and events rooms are available at request for a capacity for up to 80 attendees. During the day you may want to spend your free time at the Beach Club, where you can redeem a bargain by showing the hotel's room access card. Additional info: swimming pool, gym public PC with Internet (additional charge $), bell-boy, late check-out ($ additional charge per hour, if available), early check-in if possible due to occupancy, luggage storage, ice machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Magic Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Magic Express Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Magic Express Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico