My Wife and I spent 4 great nights at Porto Playa. Everything was Amazing. If you enjoy a laid back but beautiful environment this is the perfect hotel for you. The front desk could not have been more helpful. The large water dispenser in the room was amazing and put to good use. We had a top floor penthouse unit with the hottub area. Room 206 has a stairway in the unit so you felt as though it was very private going to the roof deck. We never used the grill as the food in playa is close, cheap and good. We thought the penthouse was worth it and even though ours was smaller then others it was more private and well chosen. There is a hot tub beside the main pool if you don't splurge for the penthouse. The steps were not a problem. Maybe 30 steps total to 3rd floor units. The rooms are quite private but dont offer views. The location is quiet and perfectly located. You couldn't be more central. Only the Beautiful Beaches of Playacar and the Bus Station are decent walks. This brings me to the only fault of the property. Its beach clubindigo is as high end as they come with good service, but you are parked in front of a smelly, dirty beach. People can tell you it ads charm, but it doesn't. They have a partnership with the lighthouse at El Faro where you can get a beach chair and it is much nicer but a little walk. The breakfasts at Imprevist and Indigo are free and good. We actually liked Indigo better even if the buffet was a little weak, as it had a better atmosphere and a breeze. 1 more nice perk was a discount card for many restaurants and bars in the area you get for staying at the condo hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico