We just returned from a week staying in Unit 219 at Porto Playa. Overall it was a fantastic experience. The condo complex is located one block from the beach and one block from 5th Ave. A perfect location. Unit 219 is more sheltered than other units from the noise so the revelry on new years didn't both us.
- units are really nice. 219 is a two bedroom and it was furnished well, very comfortable, nice kitchen and bedrooms and great bathrooms. Three TV's if you want them.
- Pool set up is nice. not huge like a resort pool but very good and if you like to swim laps it is perfect (but a little warm). Very nice for kids
- Location is amazing. PDC is one of those few places where I wouldn't pay the extra to be on the beach. Way too much noise from the beach clubs into the wee hours of the night. You are one block off the beach.
- Imprevist breakfast is exceptional, Indigo is above average. Lunch at Indigo is very good, as is lunch at El Faro
- Amazing front desk staff. Very helpful.
- Beach Club at Indigo is a joke. It is a very unattractive and smelly section of the beach. There are fishing boats all along that section and the beach is narrow. There are far better options if you walk just a few hundred yards either direction. We ended up using the beach a few properties down at El Faro, with whom Porto Playa has a relationship and you can get chairs for free.
- Housekeeping people were very kind and worked hard, but their scheduling system isn't very good. We had housekeeping miss us a couple days because they showed up to clean very late in the afternoon.
- Concierge was understaffed and not particularly helpful. A different experience than a concierge at a larger hotel so be prepared for that and don't rely on them for much. They were helpful, but not overly so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico