“We will be back!”

Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub
Ranked #16 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in unit 211, a beautiful condo with a roof terrace with hot tub and grill. The condo was very clean and the daily service by Luci was excellent. We cooked out up on the terrace two nights and had great meals out the other nights. Breakfasts at indigo beach and imprevist nearby were hearty and delicious. This is the perfect casual vacation spot. We look forward to coming back.
Ps. The staff and service are superb.

Room Tip: We liked being in a top floor unit so we had roof terrace access and a grill and hot tub. A/C in c...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daphne R
Condohotels, Jack Perlman Owner,Managing Partner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Daphne R,

Thank you for such an amazing review and choosing our hotel while on holiday in Playa del Carmen. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful condo and all the amenities such us, rooftop terrace, fully equipped kitchen, hot tub jacuzzi and the grill especially if you love to cook and eat in. Indigo and Imprevist are restaurants that are highly recommended by us and your guests receive discounts dining there. Our staffs are carefully selected and well trained at your service.

I am glad to hear that you look forward to coming back and staying with us. I hope to see you again soon and perhaps tell your family and friends about your amazing stay with us!

Owner, Managing Partner

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Porto Playa is the perfect plae to stay. Central, small (not a massive big impersonal place), gorgeous pool, gorgeous rooms, wonderful staff and the best facilities you could ask for through the Condo Hotels group.

Unfortunately Playa had torrential rain on our last night and I just wanted to say thanks so much to Karen Rodríguez for helping us out when our room flooded. The accommodation is is structurally sound but nothing could stop this rain. It was like nothing I had ever seen before.  Karen did an amazing job and helped us out wonderfully and was very calm.  What a fantastic employee you have!!

Thanks so much for a great stay. I will be staying back here when I return to Playa!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Brianna55,

Thank you for choosing Porto Playa as your home away from home while your on vacation in Playa del Carmen. We are in the best location as we are situated in the Heart of Playa del Carmen on 1st Ave. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities we have provide for all our guests. It's unfortunate to hear about the rain problems and I thank you for your understanding that this is some natural calamity that can't be controlled sometimes. The great thing is Karen, my staff is well trained to offer help in times of issues like this happens.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and for your deep understanding. I hope you come and visit us again soon!

Owner, Managing Partner

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Last month we had our second vacation in Playa del Carmen, in the past 7 months.
Having vacationed in Cancun, Cabo, Vallarta, and Mazatlan, my family and I feel that nothing compares to Playa del Carmen. It is a perfect mixture of beauty, tranquility, culture, history, fantastic restaurants and shopping. All of these things are easy enough to confirm on the internet and also Google Earth.
The main reason for this review, however, is the excellent experience we have had at the two Condo Hotel properties we have stayed in.
We have stayed at the Maya Villa and Porto Playa. Both were excellent. The rooms were beautiful, as were the amenities. The locations, one block from the beach, were ideal. If you insist in staying on the beach, you can do so at their El Taj property. We really enjoy the one-block walk which takes us on a cobble stone street past a couple of nice shops, a dive-shop, and nice restaurant. Staying at any of their properties gave us access to the beach club, where we can lounge all day, and order food and drinks. This was offered with some of the best service we have received anywhere in the world. They are incredibly friendly, readily available, never pushy, and bend over backwards to anticipate your needs. I mentioned to one of the attendants that we really enjoyed the music being played, and two hours later he showed up with a CD for us. Early in the week I hurt my back. One of the attendants noticed that I was moving a bit slowly, and asked me what was wrong. The next day he showed up with two pages of stretching exercises I could do to get some relief. Every day he would inquire as to how I was doing and if there was anything he could do to help.
From the beach attendants, to the front desk, and everyone on the staff, the service we have always experienced is what will make us keep staying at the Condo Hotel properties. We are coming back again in December. It is really that excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ray m

Dear ray m,

Thank you so much for visiting Playa del Carmen again after 7 months and for choosing us to be a part of your wonderful vacation. It is true that Playa del Carmen offers this amazing beauty of calm and cultured fisherman's village. Porto Playa and the rest of the Condo Hotels are located in the Heart of Playa del Carmen on 1st Ave which is walkable to all the restaurants and nightlife in the city. Our staffs are very well trained and carefully selected to represent the Hotels name. I am glad to hear that everything went well during your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you are coming back to stay with us again this December. Hopefully next time you can try to dine at Imprevist restaurant, one of the best gourmet restaurant in Playa del Carmen that caters to everyone. Again, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and it's a pleasure to serve you!

Owner, Managing Director

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at Porto Playa for 19 days from May 10th-29th. Our experience could not have been more wonderful.

First off, the reservation process was extremely fast and easy. Every one of the staff that I talked to spoke perfect english and were extremely helpful. I booked over the phone and they sent me confirmation emails within minutes.

We booked a car to transport us from the Cancun airport to the condo in Playa through them and it was easy. We had a nice car waiting for us outside of the airport and we knew we would get there safely. I recommend doing this.

We stayed in unit 201 for the first part of our stay and it was very nice. It is 4 floors total, the biggest unit they offer. Very spacious and perfect for large families of 6 people or more, or 3 couples. We then moves to unit 217 and it was much smaller, a 2 bed/2 bath, but the perfect amount of enough space for two couples. It was a wonderful unit and fully equipped with everything we needed! One thing I will mention is how wonderful the AC was. We were worried about that, considering it was extremely hot and humid outside, but the air conditioner was awesome and I was actually cold a lot of the time because my boyfriend likes to keep it as cold as possible! The free filtered water was also a wonderful amenity that we were very thankful for. Also, the wifi internet was great! My boyfriend worked quite a bit while we were there and he needs fast, quality internet for his line of work. He had zero problems with the connection, so that was a definite plus!

Location couldn't be better! No joke, this is the best location. 1 block from the beach, 1 block from 5th avenue (the main street in Playa for restaurants, clubs, shopping, etc.), surrounded by several restaurants and stores. Anything you need or anywhere you need to go is right within walking distance. Wonderful location, can't be beat.

The gym is located right next door and it's very nice. They offer several different classes that you can attend for free. They also have a spa nearby, but I never went during my stay. I always ended up just getting a last minute massage on the beach.

We had breakfast included with our stay, it was a special offer at the time we booked. There were two options for breakfast, at Indigo Beach Club or at Imprevist. Both places were wonderful. Indigo Beach Club is a block over on the beach, so it has a wonderful atmosphere. Imprevist is a block over on the same street, not on the beach, but in my opinion had better food. Both places are great for breakfast! We didn't each lunch or dinner there. We did get many drinks on the beach from Indigo Beach Club and they were good.

Last, but MOST important, I have to talk about the staff and service. I have never stayed anywhere with better service from the staff. They were always there if we needed anything at all. If our toilet clogged, they were right up in 5 minutes. If we needed help with luggage, they were there immediately. We felt extremely safe there, in fact we went to bed several nights without locking our doors. They have a front gate that they lock past a certain time at night and there is 24 hour security. The front desk staff is awesome and they were very helpful and assisted us whenever we needed anything. I could go on and on about this. I can't say enough how great the service was at Porto Playa!!! Thank you to everyone who assisted us on our stay, you guys rock!

I will 100% be returning to Porto Playa on my next vacation to Playa. I would never stay anywhere else. Take my word for it, this is the best place to stay when vacationing in Playa del Carmen!!! We will be back!!! :)

Room Tip: Unit 201 is the biggest they offer, very spacious, 4 floors total, private jacuzzi, private entrance...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Condohotels, Jack Perlman Owner, managing partner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Kami D,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and describing the features and services that set us apart from most other hotels. Even though you felt comfortable going to bed and leaving the doors unlocked, we encourage all our guests to exercise safety as providing security and safety is one of our top priorities. We look forward to seeing again.

Jack Perlman, Managing partner

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I have finally decided that no other hotel group in Playa Del Carmen can live up to the standards set by Condo Hotels. I have stayed in Porto Playa, Maya Villas, and El Taj 8 times and in each case I have been blown away by the service and properties. This company sets very high standards that all other hotels strive to attain and unfortunatly fail at trying to match. I look forward to many comfortable vacations with Mr. Perlman and his amazing Hotel Group!!! Thanks guys!!! You are the best!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Dario

We are really proud when we receive a glowing review from a trip advisor senior contributor and seasoned traveler like yourself. You certainly know all our properties and we thank you for all your observations and pointing the level of service and consistency throughout all our properties.

Jack Perlman, Managing partner

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at The El Taj last year and it was amazing. We were able to find another Condohotels ( Porta Playa) and decided to give this one a shot and it did not let us down. From the accomodations to the staff they are hands down a top notch operation. We ate over at their other hotel ( Maya Villa) every morning at one of their other amazing restaurants. Their front desk is very responsive and the service is impeccable. If you go to Playa you must stay at one of their hotels and make sure you spend your days laying at the El Taj beach. The beach service is great. They have several people on the beach to satisfy your every need. We are already looking to book our next trip there.

Room Tip: Both times we stayed there we stayed in one of their penthouses with your own private hot tub. I wo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Heath C,

Thank you for checking out our other properties as we work very hard to provide the same level of services in all our properties.

Jack Perlman, Owner Managing partner

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Wow. What a little (21 units) perfect place in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Stayed in PH unit 220. Great partial ocean view from private rooftop patio with private jacuzzi and shower. See pics.

Room was EXACTLY as depicted on their website and in pristine near new looking condition. Some A/C issues which were addressed and solved immediately.

All of the staff was SUPER. Kudos to WILLIAM, the concierge, who was just a great resource and always eager to help my wife and I and always with a smile and concerned disposition.

Check in/ out was easy and efficient.

No elevators so you do walk quite a few steps up and down if you are in and out alot. Not an issue for my wife and I.

Pool was just FANTASTIC. Nice to listen to the waterfall at night.

Breakfast at the INDIGO BEACH CLUB was just super. Nice buffet selection of fresh fruits, fresh baked breads, etc. Try the MAYAN ENCHILADAS on the breakfast menu.

Will return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a PH unit. 220 and 217 have good partial ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Frugilgoodies

Thank you for including the wonderful pictures and it's especially appreciated when it comes from a senior trip advisor contributor like yourself. I would like to point out to anyone reading this review that the picture of the waterfall is what creates the wonderful sound affects throughout the property. We look forward to your return.

Jack Perlman, Managing director