Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$320
Bookit.com
$495
$365
Bookit.com
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
$524
$445
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$269
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$334
$1,000
$534
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$231
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
$480
Orbitz.com
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindigo beach clubhot tubel tajmaster bedroomrooftop terraceperfect locationthe penthouseimprevist restaurantthree bedroomshopping and restaurantsfull kitchenprivate jacuzzigreat gymbreakfast includedliving areasister propertyfifth avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

we loved this place...everything everyone else said, location, beach, pool area, etc. only thing that takes away from this is management on the day we are checking out, while our ride to the airport is waiting tells me there's a damage charge of $50. When we first checked in to our condo there was a broken tray or something in the freezer but it worked fine so we just thought no big deal. so the management says a cleaning lady found the damage...but they tell us at the last moment when we are least likely to argue our case. its amazing to me that considering how much money we spent with them that they would ding us for this small amount of money and risk losing us as repeat customers. it was definitely a last minute trick (reminded me of lower scale places i've stayed at in mexico in my past). just not classy and not befitting most of our positive service we received while we were there.

so my advice is check your unit over thoroughly the first day you check in and report any damage no matter how insignificant otherwise be prepared for a surprise on check out day. in fact it might be worth it to check with front desk periodically to make sure there are no surprises on your bill.

come on porto playa..you can do better than that. and if management is reading this i might consider moving to 5 stars if you refund the $50 you swindled me for.

Room Tip: check your unit for damages first day and check your room bill to avoid any last minute surprises at check out.
6  Thank raj_lakers
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have stayed at Porto Playa unit 201 a few times now, I must say it is the most amazing place I have ever stayed. The design and layout is made for a very spacious house. There are three floors and a roof top with a BB-Q, jacuzzi and seating for 10 people. There is a media room on the first floor and a master bedroom the second floor has a huge living room next to the dining area and kitchen. The third floor has two bedrooms the main bedroom and another master. There is also a private entrance to the pool through the private breakfast area. The staff are awesome always there to help and make sure you stay is a pleasant and memorable one. The 5th Avenue was our nightly walk, so many shops, bars and restaurants to visit. We had the most delicious tacos on the 5th Ave close to the round about (sorry I don't know the name) The beach club truly is a wonderful touch theres always a bed and an umbrella, not to mention the food, that very yummy. I would recommend Porto Playa to everyone, GO THERE ITS AWESOME.

Room Tip: Stay at a penthouse unit all the rooms are larger
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We loved Porto Playa. Staff was wonderful. We loved the state-of-the-art gym which was connected to the hotel and free to guests. The hotel was just off the main shopping/eating street (5th Avenue), but still very quiet. Beach was just a short block or so away. We enjoyed a day at Al cielo, which is small hotel that accepts Porto guest with reservation -- the beach was quiet and beautiful and we enjoyed a nice lunch there as well. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Porto Playa staff could not have been more helpful. Condo was beautiful, well appointed. Pool was great, location super convenient. The beach there is not ideal, but with underground parking (no sun baking your car!) and a 1-minute walk to Fifth Avenue, it was still a great location. We drove to several lovely beaches & attractions, then came home to the pool to rest & make our own mango smoothies to drink on our terrace! At night we had many restaurants to choose from, but when we returned to our condo, there was no noise from the lively Fifth Avenue.

Room Tip: We were in a regular 2BR, which was lovely & roomy, but the penthouses looked like they would be worth the upgrade.
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and 16 yr old son just returned from a 5 night stay at Porto Playa. We stayed in unit 217 which was a 2 bedroom penthouse. We had a slight water view from our patio and a better water view from the rooftop penthouse. The property is definately private and serene and we really appreciated how peacefull it was yet so close to fun and entertainment. Not a good place for someone who has a hard time with stairs since there are no elevators. Even if you get a ground unit, you still have stairs to get to the property and stairs to get to the pool. The location was perfect.....5th Avenue has something for everyone and we really enjoyed trying different restaurants. ( Our favorite being Aldea Corazon that I'm writing a seperate review for, it was awesome!) We had no problem with our unit. The A/C worked fine, we thought the beds were super comfortable,not too hard, our WIFI worked fine. We walked to Mega and bought some groceries, wine and beer. We had breakfast at the Indigo Beach Club 2 mornings and it was really good. We used the beach club 2 days and never had a problem getting lounge chairs. One of the best things about Porto Playa is their pool! The water temperature is perfect and it was never crowded. We never did use our gas grill, but we used the rooftop penthouse jacuzzi every day and just enjoyed hanging out up there. I'm an early riser, so I would walk to Starbucks every morning ( just a few blocks away on 5th Ave) and enjoy coffee on our patio. With all the worries lately of traveling to Mexico, I have to say I felt very safe in Playa del Carmen. I walked every morning by myself on the beach and we walked everywhere around the town as a family. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating arranging our airport transportation and excursion to Tulum/Xel-Ha. I would definately stay here again, they take pride in their property and it shows by how well they maintain it.

Room Tip: Ground units have nice large patios; 2nd floor units have the most private balconies and the 3rd floor units with the penthouses have the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family