This is my 6th time to Playa (been in Hotel Adventura, Club Yebo, Fusion), I'm a 48 year married female and just wanted a clean safe place close to the beach. I prefer getting a feel for the local area (all inclusives aren't my thing) & like trying out new restaurants. Blue Pearl was perfect since it was close to the beach, near many restaurants, had a efficient kitchen and was safe/clean for our girl's getaway. Here's our inputs:
- it was very close to the clubs and the noise (or rather the vibration) was a bit of an issue, especially on weekends until 4am. The hotel is also directly behind the Tabernacle bar, the Stanley cup was going on so the Canadians were having a ball. I slept with earplugs and didn't have a problem but my girlfriend who is a light sleeper felt the base from the clubs. They have done everything they can with double paned doors/windows but just take the noise into account if you are a light sleeper.
- we stayed in Unit 1 which is as far from the front door (ie. Tabernacle) as possible. It was the quietest room w/ the least amount of steps (3-4 max from the outer front hotel door). If mobility is an issue, you want this room or Unit 2 (both ground level); they are Jr Suites I believe.
- Unit 3 & 6 are the next quietest since they are the furtherest from the street. Unit 3 is on the 2nd floor, 6 is on the 3rd and it is a fairly steep, spiral staircase w/ no elevator. Would be sporty after a few margaritas!
- Room was always clean, huge water jug convenient, water pressure and temp good (especially based on other Mexican hotels) and wifi worked great. Was able to facetime/skype each day with no problem.
- Jungle courtyard cute but it was warm and a bit buggy in May so we used it only to dry bathing suits/towels. Would be nice during cooler times.
- 30 second walk to beach. Go across street, through Colibri Hotel's lobby and down shady, lovely tree lined path to Lido Beach club
- Lido Beach club is not included in hotel stay but you can use the black chairs if you buy a drink/food (no minimum). Green cushy chairs closer to ocean have a 200 peso minimum (for 2 single beds and an umbrella). A bucket of 6 beers is 150 pesos so it's easy to meet this minimum. Grilled fish for 130 pesos was super, guac looked good & mushroom omelet was nice and light.
- Spectucular view...enjoyed fruit and coffee there every morning. Enjoyed a 5pm daiquari up there too..wonderful ocean views, nice breezes, fun to see Playa from above. Worth the windy walk and really made this hotel special
- only 8 units so there is not always someone there. Usually 9am-5pm Veronica was there with a big smile and positive outlook.
-We emailed them our check in time a few days prior and Pepe (maintenance man) let us in, gave us keys, showed us how our condo's safe worked, geot more hangars, etc..
-Veronica arranged for a 500 peso (2 person) cab ride back to the airport at 8am. He was fast and on time.
-getting from airport, the best bet is to take ADO bus ($14 or 140 pesos) which runs every 30 minutes or so from 8amish-7pm (on hour after that). Avoid making eye contact with timeshare people just outside of immigration (not worth the free ride and breakfast)
- You get 3 keys to a set (one for outer door to hotel entrance, one for inner & one for your specific condo unit. There were 2 of us and we asked for a 2nd set which came in handy. Outer door will lock closed behind you so make sure you have your keys
- Not a problem and we liked that we felt secure
Hope this helped, have fun and have a fish taco for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Pearl Suites, 8 beautiful and spacious apartments in Playa del Carmen, each one with a private terrace with hot tub, some with ocean view, sharing a rooftop solarium with a dip pool and wonderful views of the Caribbean. Set on three levels, the apartments combine the comfort of your own home with a relaxed atmosphere. All spaces are designed to provide space and intimacy. Come and enjoy freedom, privacy and personalized service. The Blue Pearl is just steps from the beach with our partner beach club Zenzi, and one block from the 5th Avenue where you will find all kinds of restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping and great nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Pearl Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pearl Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Blue Pearl Suites Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico