“Great Experience”
Review of Blue Pearl Suites

Blue Pearl Suites
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Blue Pearl is a great hotel! very confortable, near the main avenue and near the beach. The service was excellent. This is a great option to stay in playa del carmen.

Room Tip: Choose a room with jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Every summer I plan a vacation with my friends, and for the past 3 summers we have been going to Playa del Carmen. When we were first going to Playa we searched for hotels and we found Blue Pearl. We always travel in groups of 5 or 6 girls, so we were looking for a hotel that would allow us to have our own space but at the same time to have common areas, so when we found out that Blue Pearl had different kinds of suites with a spacious living rooms, amazing terraces with hammocks, hot tub, kitchenette, and some suites with 2 or 3 rooms we knew this was the hotel for us.
When we first went there we were very surprised with the hotel, the location is great (5 min. walk to the beach, restaurants and bars in the 5th ave, supermarkets, etc…), the rooms are beautiful, the pool is very private with an incredible view and the service is amazing. It offers the best of everything, because you can enjoy reading a book out in the terrace, relax in the hot tub, take a walk at the beach or have some fun in any of the near-by restaurants, bars and clubs on the 5th ave.

Our stay was so pleasant that we have been going every summer since we discovered Blue Pearl!

I highly recommend this hotel for a family, couple or friends trip!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tere C
Reviewed October 4, 2011

It was really wonderful to stay in a very nice placed suites. Everything is nearby walking. I felt like in home resting on a very comfortable spring mattress. The roof garden have a nice open air swimming pool where you can appreciate the ocean view and take a sunbath.
I fully recommend it.
Best Regards
Alonso

Room Tip: Interior suites are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have a "go-to" place in Playa, further north on Avenido Cinco, but we wanted to check out something closer in to town around the places that we always frequent. Blue Pearl was a hit. In the heart of things, yet a quaint quiet spot. Moments from everything, and a great rooftop view of the beach. Pool was small, but private. Rooms were great, and we lacked for nothing.

If you are Playa-savvy and have been there, done that already, then put this one on your list to check out. It's a good find.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I'd hate to write a bad review, but I was thoroughly disappointed with my stay. For one, I knew there was a club near by, but never did I think that it was going to be as loud as it was. I'm not as light sleeper, not is my family of 4 that was also with me, but we all had a hard time sleeping. It seems almost as if you have speakers from the club inside your room. Also, there was NOT a single bed next to the kind bed in one of the bedrooms, nor was there hammocks. On the second day of our stay our apartment ran out of courtesy filtered water which comes in a 5 gallon jug. We kindly asked for them to refill it and it took them a two full days to refill it. Also, we asked for beach towels, Julio said he would bring them up to our room. We didn't need him to bring them up, we could have waited a few minutes for him to pull them out, but he insisted on bringing them to our room. It wasn't until a few hours later that we received the towels. The following reason is also part of the reason why I would never stay here again: After we arrived back in our home country Julio called me and told me he no longer had our credit card information, therefore he couldn't charge us the remaining balance. He needed me to give him our credit card information over the phone once again. This made me feel extremely uneasy. At the time I didn't happen to have the credit card with me so I told him to call me the following day in the morning. He didn't call for two days. When he finally called he did not say hello or apologize for the inconvenience, all he said is "can I have the credit card information" in a rude manner. I know others reviewed about how he was very kind, but I'm sad to say I did not have same experience with him. He was very stand off ish with us. I would not recommend this place. Also, the stair case in the condo is extremely dangerous. I know the United States building regulations would never allow such dangerous staircase to be built.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank human12
laura_BPS, General Manager at Blue Pearl Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We are thankful for this review which has led us to improve our booking process. It first came as a surprise because our reviews are generally good and our staff is really focused on service, and these guests never complained about anything during their stay. Upon investigating the poor service claims and the credit card issue we were informed that the guests left early one morning, unexpectedly, without paying the balance due. It was very difficult for the manager get in touch with the cardholder in order to process the missing payment (it was not a good time, the person did not have the card at hand, and several unanswered messages). Finally the payment was made but the situation was very uncomfortable and probably led to the "angry feeling" in this review. This led us to adjust our policies so that payment is always settled in an easy and comfortable way for both parties.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

What and awesome place, I cant say enough about the hotel and the staff. they go that extra step to ensure you are happy and SAFE, we had a local friend come and try to get up to visit us and was stopped the staff came to our room first to ensure he was coming to visit us.........wow that was awesome. also you might think the noise from the clubs would be bad, but with the door closed we didnt hear anything.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank boczs
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Blue Pearl Suites is a great place to stay when you want to be just a block away from the beach and 5th Ave. We stayed in one of their 2 bedroom units with some of our good friends and loved the location. The hotel staff is great, Julio is the manager and he provided fantastic recommendations for places to visit and eat.
The only potential downside depends upon your perspective. Its one block south of 12 Norte which is the corner with several clubs that play music into the early morning. With the windows closed and the A/C going it didn't bother us, and we liked the proximity to 5th and the beach, plus the clubs were fun for a couple of nights.
Overall I'd highly recommend the Pearl. The roof top pool is quiet and a nice view of the ocean, and with only 8 unit in the bldg it was never busy.
We plan on returning on our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple