“Unanimous - EXCELLENT and authentic Greek food!”
Review of Milos Restaurante

Milos Restaurante
Ranked #239 of 1,437 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are the first Greek restaurant in Playa del Carmen. Enjoy the authentic Greek food of the chef Alexis Labiris, opa!
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We all agreed the food at Milo's was superb! My husband is Greek, we sat across from the owner and the two chefs of the popular Playa restaurant 'Plank' and we all conferred that our meal selections were outstanding!!
For appetizers my husband and I had the greek equivalent of baba ganoush (melitzanosalata) which was very authentic and delicious. We also had the horiatiki or greek salad, which again was outstanding with garden fresh oregano throughout. Our second was the Milo's fish dish, very fresh and excellent. The owner of 'Plank' and his chefs had the lamb which they raved about and would recommend a pass on the tuna (this is not a Greek specialty anyways).
FYI; the chef (Alexis) is Greek and one of the owners is as well. Alexis takes off Mondays and we would recommend trying this restaurant when he is in the kitchen. Also for vegetarians, the 'mezas' like baba ganoush, hummus, tzatziki, saganaki, or greek salad, the tabouli accompaniment on the Milo's fish dish are all excellent options. And I'm sure one could ask for other dishes to be made vegetarian - they are extremely accommodating!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

A welcomed new addition in a town where the restaurants are a bit to similar. The place as a rather kitsch decor, but I have yet to encounter a good Greek restaurant which does not.
The food is great but if you have the famed moussaka, ask the to hold on the bolognese sauce, wrong dish :)
A part from that strange mistake, it is worth going there if you feel like good honest Greek food.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Four of us went to Milos for dinner last night. I had the Mykonos Chicken--two breast filets with feta cheese and spinach sandwiched in between with a light cream sauce. It was excellent. It came with spaghetti with herbs and Parmesan cheese, and sautéed carrots, zucchini and onions. Also excellent. My wife had the chicken gyro accompanied by a salad...excellent also. The other couple had their mouths all set for lamb gyros, but none were on the menu and the waiter said they were not available.

The owner came over and after some discussion, he made the lamb gyros happen. And they rated them as "good". They would have rated them higher, except the meat was in skill pieces rather than strips. We surmised that they took some of the lamb used for kabobs to make the gyros...but at least they came up with lamb gyros.

We also got 3 appetizers: Spinakopita (unfortunately overlooked to where it was tough, with too much spinach and not enough cheese), meat and rice wrapped in grape leaves (4 small ones) in a tart cream sauce), and a melted cheese thing. Forgot the name, but it was 125 pesos, that was similar to queso fundido strung onto a plate rather than in a bowl, and flambéed in brandy-- pretty good, the other couple said.

The bill came to 1200 pesos with tip...no alcohol, just 3 sodas and a water. Would we go back? Yes, but we will be selective on what we order, and may also try something new. Service was excellent. We were the only customers in the restaurant.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had lunch one day and Greek Salad and tetzeki with pita were very good. Went for supper and lamb shish kabob and chops both tough and chops not very good quality and fatty. Service was very poor, received red wine instead of white, watched us struggle cutting lamb then I guess remembered they had steak knives, never did get salt and pepper and took quite a time to get napkins. Were told waiter was new but the Greek Gentleman sat and relaxed , watched and drank beer instead of instructing lad . Never offered dessert which I had planned on having but decided if they could not ask too bad as was them who lost money. I will wait till I get home and my husband can cook me my lamb as will do a better job at a much better price. Pricey for the quality of meal

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We got a recommendation to dine at Milos, at the end of Calle 38 near the beach.
The restaurant is small, with dining on four tables on the upper level and four on the lower front level. We were served immediately, and sipped on our wine as we viewed the menu. We opted for the Moussaka and salad, and were served in 15 minutes. We noted in some reviews the service took longer, but we arrived at 6 PM, before the usual dining rush. The meal was excellent, and the staff very promptly took care of our every need. We added baklava as dessert to cap a perfect evening. One word to help those coming to Milos, no credit cards, no US dollars, only pesos! We highly recommend it, and will return.