and overbooked. I had booked the hotel for 8 nights. When I arrived they didn´t know about my booking. After some phone calls the lady at the front desk found out that I had been moved to a different hotel. She came up with some stupid story of malfunctioning showers in my room, while other guests where checking in.
They moved me to a very noisy and cheaper hotel right on 5th Avenue (xtudio). After I complained yet again, they showed me a hotel room at Aqualuna right next to the front desk. I was rather underwhelmed: small room, very basic, little privacy next to the front desk. In my search for a better accommodation I looked at some more hotels and definitely wouldn´t recommend the Aqualuna. I think it´s highly overrated. There are nicer and quieter hotels in the vicinity in a similar price range (take a look a LunaSol).
Moving me to a cheaper hotel right on 5th Avenue was an absolute no go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqualuna is a beautiful boutique hotel in the very centre of Playa del Carmen drawing its inspiration from the peculiarity of the architecture of the Greek islands, surrounded by a luxuriant tropical garden typical of the Caribbeans. Strategically located only steps away from the famous 5th avenue, the hotel offers to its guests an intimate yet refined ambiance ideal for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Aqualuna Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico