What a special place. From the excellent hospitality to the charming architecture and set up -- was totally blown away by this hidden gem in Playa Del Carmen!
LOCATION: Right on 10th and 14th St., it is literally steps away from action-packed 5th Avenue, yet a world away. From my room (number 1), I could hear nothing but the gentle sound of the fountain outside. It was bliss.
ROOM: Simple, yet beautifully appointed. Mayan toiletries in the bathroom/sink, which they buy directly from the villages by the way. Sustainability practices are written on every detail in the room, from the towel rack to the toilet paper signs. Like they say, it's all in the details. Humorous signs, too :)
The bed was firm, but comfortable. I woke up refreshed every day. Linens were always crisp and clean. My only complaint is that I found a sauce stain on one of the towels (albeit it was clearly clean) and there was some amount of frost at the bottom of the fridge. They didn't bother me one bit, but I must note this. Might be time for a little update?
SERVICE: When they say "infinite hospitality," they are not kidding. They live by their motto. Carlos at reception was excellent in every way, even gave me a full-size complementary Colgate total and tooth brush (brand-new!). Just as I asked where the drugstore was because I had left mine behind. Little things like this can simply make the day of the guest. In every instance I needed help or assistance, the staff went the extra mile. Just wow
PRICE: For just $60 a night (got an offer on low season, pre-book online and direct!), it was an absolute bargain. The boutique hotel experience, intimate get close to all the action in Playa Del Carmen, and Xcellent hospitality. What more could I have asked for?!
OVERALL: Perfect little hotel for the explorer. IF you are a traveler that prefers to stay in the hotel most of the trip enjoying amenities, Aqualuna is not for you. However, if you want a little cove to rest, Aqualuna is perfect :)
RATING: Would give it 4.5, but here I wouldn't take out a full star for what I specified. I recommend you don't get the breakfast option so you get to try the several local restaurants nearby
Can't wait to go back to Aqualuna. A little slice of heaven in the Yucatán!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqualuna is a beautiful boutique hotel in the very centre of Playa del Carmen drawing its inspiration from the peculiarity of the architecture of the Greek islands, surrounded by a luxuriant tropical garden typical of the Caribbeans. Strategically located only steps away from the famous 5th avenue, the hotel offers to its guests an intimate yet refined ambiance ideal for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your Aqualuna Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico