“Simply Amazing!”

PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar
Reserve with OpenTable
PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,258 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PLANK offers a unique & fine dining experience like no other in the region. We're located on a quaint street right off 5th ave with an upscale sophisticated atmosphere Our concept focuses on a special cooking technique designed to delicately infuse natural flavor by cooking our food directly on Himalayan salt stones and wooden planks! We feature a gourmet family style menu including USDA certified beef, prime seafood selections, gourmet flatbreads and large shareable side dishes. Be sure to try our signature creations including Cedar Plank Salmon or our Famous Beef Wellington or our tender Twin Baby Lobster Tails! We're also the perfect venue if your celebrating a special occasion (let us know). For reservations click on our web site.
Antwerp, Belgium
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place is just amazing!
I went to Playa last month and had heard a lot of good things about this new restaurant and I must say it exceeded all my expectations! The service was nothing but excellent and the food... Well the food was just magnificent! The way they cook food on wooden planks gives the dishes an unknown yet succulent flavor. So much so that had to return several times during my stay to make sure I'd taste as many dishes as possible.
And lets not forget the cocktails! Just one word: Exceptional!

• Visited March 2014
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
We love to hear these kinds of amazing reviews! I am so happy to hear that you loved PLANK so much that you continued to return throughout your entire stay! It is for sure that we are receiving such great feedback about our PLANK style cooking which, as you mentioned, probably cannot be completely understood until you have actually tasted how this style completely impacts the ultimate taste of the food and presentation. Your review is definitely wonderful news to us! Thank you as well for the awesome comments about the cocktails. I really hope you got to try and experience on of or specialty smoked cocktails! If you are a martini lover you must try the smoked dirty martini! We hope that we will see you during future stays in Playa del Carmen!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Beyond Amazing!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My fiancé and I tried Plank on our second night in Playa based upon the raving reviews. We were't disappointed. Excellent service by Andrés. A special emphasis in placed on the sauces that come with each dish. Such complex flavor. Everything is cooked to perfection. It's fine dining at its best, but without the price mark, long waitlist and pretentious waiters you'd find in any big city. We will be back again for sure.

• Visited April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your outstanding compliments regarding the food, service and value! It is especially wonderful to find such a fanatic review from a Senior Contributor such as yourself. This gives us even more confidence that we are delighting our guests the way we should be. Regarding your comment about the limited wait list, I would like to say that we will always do our very best to accommodate all walk ins. If we are full in a particular time period we will gladly let you know when a table will be opened up so that you are free to roam while you wait. If you do know ahead of time that you will be dining with us, we do encourage you to make a reservation to insure your table and preferred time slot. Definitely we hope that you will return back with us at PLANK and that you will continue to recommend us to your friends!

Paris, France
“Very good lamb and service”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My girlfriend invited me in this restaurant. I was impressed by te excellent service and the quality of the food. We had the lamb which was excellent and the cheese cake and the mousse au chocolat for dessert. Never seen so much cheese cake served in a restaurant, we could not finish it but it was good!

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner for 2”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotel recommended it. Great flatbread dinner for two. Disliked nothing. Clean and great service. The salmon is amazing. Lovely servers and fun drinks. We had a great night across from a fantastic hotel acanto.

Visited March 2014
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased to hear that your entire dinner experience at plank was exceptional! If you loved the Salmon you are sure to love our grilled shrimp cooked and served directly on our very special Himalayan salt block or perhaps one of our most raved about beef dishes such as the Filet Mignon or our signature Beef Wellington. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope that you will return to PLANK again should you return to Playa in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
“I wish I could rate it higher”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went here on a night out based on the great reviews. The service was very good and the place is very nice but the food was not so good. We ordered different things from te menú but couln’t eat much of it, some of the food was salty and dry, I think they should focus more on the quality of the food instead of presentation. The prices are a Little bit high compared to other Playa restaurants.

• Visited March 2014
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry to hear that your experience at PLANK was not up to par with the rest of the reviews. Of course that is disappointing to us as creating a great experience for our guests is our utmost priority. As far as the salt content of the Himalayan salt blocks, each block is intended to infuse a very delicate amount of salt flavor into the selected dishes, however, we have come across some rare occasions where it seems that salt content has been significantly higher than most. Salt content of these special cooking stones always varies slightly but never so much that it is noticeable, except in just 2 cases that we have seen so far. I imagine this could have been the reasoning for the salty food you experienced. For this I truly apologize and I hope you were able to communicate this with the manager/owner as I know they would have worked immediately to correct this situation. The prices of our menu reflect the combination of atmosphere and quality service standards as well as the fact that many of our products and ingredients including the Himalayan Salt Stones and the Wooden Planks are imported into Mexico directly, at high costs, specifically to bring better quality. As you can imagine there is a higher cost associated with importing special products.
I would however like to thank you for being gracious enough to still compliment the quality of the service and atmosphere. If you live in Playa or should you ever return we certainly do hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to show you a better overall experience.