Nice resort. Very beautiful Speciality restraunts RUSHED. Micheal Jackson show was great. Found two seahorses at Tulum while swimming on the beach. Tulum ruins are roped off. So you can't get very close. Buffet was always good. Staff was always pleasent. We got there the 17th @ 16:30 and our room wasn't ready till 1930. Room should have been ready when we got there. They did give each a bottle of wine. (All You Can Drink Resort) lol The other couples room had problems, toilet didn't work nor did the A/C. They had to sleep under the ceiling fan on the floor their room was so hot. next night they gave them a regular Jr. Suite. We both had suites. Next day they had to go to the front desk and tell them to ether get them a suite or a refund. They did move them a third time to a suite with working A/C and toilet. Not much night life. The nightly shows were about it. The Riu Tequlia was more the party spot. Beach was beautiful.
Over all very beautiful resort. But,next time I think we will go to an adult only resort.
Sports bar was pretty dead. Beautiful pool. If I were to go back I think I would only eat at the buffet. Most resorts we've gone to in the past always had a list of activities and times left on your bed each night they didn't here. And speciality restraunts were always open though you might have to wait for a table to open and never felt rushed to finish and leave as I did here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico