6,271 results
All reviews don manolo sports bar specialty restaurants palm trees courtyard view fusion restaurant musty smell make reservations other resorts lobster gated community riviera maya infinity pool main buffet entertainment staff plenty of chairs hotel is beautiful
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i called front desk to get decaf coffee for my room they said ok tomorrow 7 days later we left and still no decaf shower drain clogged and they did not fix it toilet barely flushed and they did not fix it

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ll make this quick, resort was great. Needs some freshening up in the pool area and rooms, which I believe they are addressing later this year. Otherwise I hope they keep the feel of the resort the same. Food was your typical all inclusive food. Mexican restraunt was the only one we really did not care for, and I wouldn’t eat at again. Beach was gorgeous and immaculately kept. The resort itself was immaculately kept actually. Always clean, and people working to maintain the property. I will stay here again, this resort is by far my favorite all inclusive in the Playa.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and myself chose this hotel as it was a Riu and our last experience at a Riu was outstanding.
When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by how regal the decor was. Sure we'd seen the pictures but the lobby was stunning.
Immaculately clean and greeted at check in with a cocktail.
The grounds are stunning and we'll laid out. My wife is vegetarian and had no problems with food and always had a choice. The buffet food was great, one evening with lobster tail and beef wellington.
The staff work non stop and are first class. Drinks brought to you on the beach and frequently checking all is well and if anything is needed.
If anyone has a problem with this place they need a reality check. Was the best all inclusive we have done since our honeymoon which was a Sandals. Point being if you wanna throw another couple of grand per person and do Sandals go for it...however you just don't need to. Palace Riviera Maya is fantastic.
Hopefully the scheduled refurb doesn't change it too much.
Excellent!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank lozsmith82
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Rui Palace was a very nice place to stay. Yes you can use an update but the lounge area and the gardens are beautiful. Victor was our pool attendant and he was the hardest working person that i know. I would return to the Rui without a doubt. The food was really good at the buffet. Went to the Japanese and the Mexican Restaurant and found the buffet to be better food. The beds are a little hard but you stay in your room much. The beach and the ocean are wonderful with white sugar sand. Lots of entertainment through out the day. My family and I had a wonderful time there and i can wait to see what the new Rui will be like. Hopefully they don't raise the price. I will be back. Thanks Cristan and Angel and Victor for making our trip a wonderful place to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Conehead73
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only disappointment was the lack of beds and parasols around swimming pool. You had to reserve your bed before 8am or you would not get one. My wife and myself burn easily so need a parasol.The problem could be resolved somewhat by having parasols with the beds which are on the beach.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seaside42260400565
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Seaside42260400565,

Thank you for the five star rating!

We assume that overall you had a great time during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya!

However, we do regret the difficulty to obtain a sunbed at the pools as mentioned in your review. We do our best to deal with the unfair practice of ‘reserving a sunbed by leaving personal belongings or towels on it’ and we have authorized staff collecting the towels that were left behind by hotel guests during the night or early morning, so that fair access to sun loungers is provided. We apologize for the issues that this fact might have caused you.

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

King regards,