Travelled here the last week of September
The hotel is beautiful, clean, and has a great layout. Everything is a decent walk from the rooms. You have access to all the Riu hotels in this area, but after checking them out we stayed at ours. It was the nicer of the 5.
The rooms are very nice if you upgrade to a superior suite so your facing towards the courtyard. It is best to get a room halfway between the lobby and pool. We had an issue with the fan almost falling off the ceiling, but after several attempts with dealing with the front desk, they sent a technician to fix it. He didnt think it was broken, but it was. After we persisted, he fixed it and realized he was in the wrong. This was the only issue we had. They weren't very nice about it.
The food here is 10/10. Honestly, with the amount of 5* places I have been over the years, this place had the best food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even the room service food, was great. The have club sandwiches with chips. Ordered one most days.
The service is also a 10/10, minus the people at the front desk in the lobby. The pool guys, the restaurant staff, entertainment staff, bar staff were super nice and efficient.
The pools were warm, and the infinity pool was my favorite.
The beach at this hotel was one of the best in the Mayan. No rocks, and they had sandbags to break the waves, which made it nice to lounge in the ocean. Lots of fish so bring your own snorkle gear. There are lots of beach beds, and palapas.
There is a beach bbq with some of the best ribs Ive ever had in Mexico! I couldn't believe it.
The drinks here are all premium brands, never a problem.
The entertainment was only a 5/10 since there wasn't much going on during the day, few activities, and the nightly entertainment was just ok. Worst that Ive seen at the resorts Ive been too. It is a quiet place. It is not a party place. Most people at this resort are older. All the younger people go to the Tequila.
I would go back here in the future. The prices are great for this place in the fall. It is a 5 plus hotel. It was perfect!
Any Questions -let me know
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico