Just got home from a week at the Rui Palace Riviera Maya. Beautiful property, but what impressed me most was how well-maintained and CLEAN it was. Staff, from all departments, were friendly and accommodating - but I specifically noted that the cleaning staff did an exceptional job. They obviously have a rigorous cleaning schedule, and no surface is left untouched. It was cleaner than Disney - you know what I mean. The food was excellent, as well... From the a la carte's to the buffets - excellent food at every venue and every time of day. Great beach (beautiful white sand) which was also groomed and cleaned on a daily basis. A 20 minute walk to the pier at Playa del Carmen to the north, and a 25 minute walk to a beautiful (man-made) reef to the south - lots of opportunity to get some exercise,enjoy the sun, and do some snorkeling. Evenings were relaxing - without the usual annoying entertainments that we have experienced elsewhere. Great live music (most jazz) to listen to, and things were quiet and dark by 11pm. This isn't a place to go if you plan to do a lot of late-nite partying. But if you enjoy a beautiful beach, excellent food, and a clean facility, then this is the resort for you. The only drawback was the occasional smoker at pool-side or on the palazzo after dinner - I don't enjoy smelling cigarette - and especially cigar - smoke. Some people have no manners when it comes to lighting up. I wish the resort would designate specific areas for smokers, so that the rest of us could fully enjoy the experience that this beautiful resort has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico