Myself and my Wife came here in 2009 and had an amazing time and met some wonderful people. So now were married and was talking about where we would like to go on our honeymoon, we decided to come back here and I can honestly say we didnt regret it.
1) Arrival: When we arrived we got the usual welcome drinks and checked in with no problems all the reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
2) Rooms: Our room was what you would call "basic" but it had everything we could of wanted it was clean and tidy had a tv and a huge bed (which is good as my wife likes to sleep like a starfish) and a decent bathroom. The room was brilliant it had a little lounge area with sofa and coffee table then the balcony which had two recliner chairs and a table and a pull out rack to put clothes out to dry. in your room you have a mini bar which is 4 optic drinks (vodka whiskey brandy and of course tequila) which are replaced if they have been used. in the fridge you get bottled water club soda pepsi 7up and orangeade which is replaced daily at around 3pm. the only bad thing I would say about the room is our screen door to keep the bugs away was slightly broken so it was pretty useless.
3) Pool/Beach area: The pool was great if you want to sunbathe and cool down every now and then but you have to put up with people doing water vollyball and aerobics and pool games which is funny to watch what some of the Entertainment staff get the guests to do. if you want a quieter time go down by the beach where the palm trees are its nice and shaded but can move your lounger to the side and be in the sun all day and move it back when you get too hot or had enough and you get a really nice breeze to cool you down this was my favourite place to go. The only problem I would have with the pool area is that it needs to be retiled, nothing major but it wouldnt hurt.
4) Service: you can not ask for better service, it was amazing you never go with out, all members of staff are very helpful and will help you as much as they can, whether it's getting another drink or wanting extra towels for your room everything is done for you double quick.
5) Food and Drink: amzing food and amazing drink. we always ate in the buffet restaurant as we went to chillis before and it doesnt fill you up so we decided not to use the "specialty" restaurants onsite, the buffet restaurant is excellent again with brilliant service every one wants to make sure you have a nice time. the buffet restaurant does a few theme nights which are really good so it gives you a different selection every night and you dont get bored of the same food.
6) Entertainment: the entertainment is 1st class all the way the team are brilliant and always work very hard to make sure your having a good time.
7) Excursions: this ime round we only done two and they were Captain Hooks Pirate Cruise and CoCo Bongo's. Captain hook Cruise was the best night out I've EVER had its such a laugh, words cannot describe how good it is. CoCo Bongos is also excellent but if you do go i really recommend that you take the VIP option as you get an option of sitting down and a waiter to bring your drinks so you dont miss the show, if you dont then being on the floor area its packed so you can just about move at least of you paid the little bit extra you can choose to sit or dance. but i really do recommend going to these two things.
8) Wifi: the Wifi is free no matter how much you use it! we were skypeing family in england on the iPad and iPhone (TURN OFF MOBILE DATA) facebooking and the usual stuff. you just need to ask reception for a password and they give you a passcode input it when you want to use the internet and away you go.
I'm sorry that ive waffled on for ages and thank you for reading. Please go here and DO NOT listen to the negative reviews on here this hotel is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico