We booked our vacation with sunwing vacations before I read the reviews and I was expecting the worst from them when we headed to the airport. We had no problems with Sunwing whatsoever. Our outgoing flight was only 1/2 hr late (not a big deal) and yes, the plane was tight but it is a charter and we expected that. Our Sunwing representative was at the resort every day during the hours he said he would be (Frederick was awesome) and was disappointed that other Sunwing customers did not utilize his services. He set us up on a couple of great excursions with no trouble. Leaving the resort, the bus was, again, 1/2 hour late, and again, not a big deal but we arrived at the airport in plenty of time for our flight. Sorry to hear that other people had a bad experience with Sunwing but ours was good. No different that when we had flown with any other vacation company.
The resort was nice, it was all close to the beach and pool and the wait staff was attentive. A couple of good tips left on our pillow ensured that we always had fresh towels and a clean room. The food was good, typical of the all-inclusive hotels and the New Years Eve buffet was great. Nice to have a restaurant near the pool. Being able to walk to town in 10-15 minutes was a perk and we went to Playa del Carmen a few times to look around or to try a restaurant. Plenty of ways to spend your money there!
All in all, it was a good family vacation. I would return to Playa Del Carment and to the Riu again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico