Just returned from a fabulous one week vacation at the Riu Palace Mayan Riviera (Nov. 11-18). The weather was PERFECT! Sunny all week (80 degrees +) with a light breeze (which made lying on the beach that much more comfortable). This was our first time at this RIU and it truly is a gem. The beach is probably one of the nicest we've been to so far. White sand, clear blue water. The resort is everything we expected from a RIU ... and why we enjoy them so much. The resort is stunning, exceptionally maintained, the service is outstanding and the people are warm and courteous. It's located in a gated community (Playacar) and is a 15 minute walk to 5th Avenue which is a long strip of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants.
We were given an upgraded room which had a very pretty courtyard view. At night, during the dinner hours, they had a live band playing there. The buffet was very good - they had so much variety (from duck to lobster to beef wellington and salmon, sushi) and they also had theme nights too (Caribbean, Asian) ... in the seven days we were there, it varied every day (apart from the standard salad bar & cold appetizers). There are 5 a la carte restaurants (Japanese, Fusion, Mexican, Brazilian and a Steakhouse) which you can make reservations for if you don't like buffet style food. There's a sports bar (to watch all your football games) ... a lobby bar with a pianist playing while you're enjoying a pre-dinner drink ... a gym ... a spa ... another lounge area which featured nightly shows.
Things like broken loungers or cracked tiles aren't vacation breakers for us. We don't even notice them because for us, it's the overall experience. We look at location, the beach, the service and the quality of food. We loved it and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico