My wife and I stayed at this resort 10-22-2012 through 10-27-2012 and had a great time to say the least. The resort is well maintained and beautiful and the staff is really great. Everyone is always smiling and friendly from the moment you are dropped off at the entrance to when you step up to the lobby bar to grab a Don Julio margarita (which I highly recommend). I recommend spending the few extra bucks and upgrading your package to a superior room which gives you a garden view instead of an outside room. We were in in room 2103 and had a great view of the ocean and the beautiful gardens and fountains. The food was pretty good compared to most other all- inclusives we have stayed at. Main dining buffet had a good selection of dishes to choose from even for the picky eaters. We loved the Krystal fusion restaurant and also the Japanese restaurant. Make sure to make your reservations early because they fill up fast.
I have to say my wife and i have traveled all over the Caribbean and the beach at this resort, entire area in general, is spectacular. The ocean is turquoise blue and great for swimming. You can walk 40 yards off shore and the ocean is still only waist deep. We also liked that you could walk the beach in either direction and the ocean doesn't change. Head south and hit up the Riu Yucatan for a drink or use their pool. Fifth Ave. shopping is only a short distance away as well.
If you are having second thoughts about this hotel have no fear, you should book it for the location and beach alone. Halfway through our week's stay we were already planning our next trip back in the spring to bring some family along and stay even longer. This was our first time at a Riu hotel and definitely won't be the last thanks to the great staff and wonderful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico