Disappointed? Seriously you must be hard to please....We just returned from a week in paradise. We were travelling with 3 other couples and decided on The Palace, Riviera Maya for this vacation. First off, I will say we have travelled throughout all parts of Mexico, many all inclusive resorts,with and without our kids, many of them Riu hotels, espcially in this area, last year The Riu yucatan, but never at a Palace.
From the second you step off the bus you are wisked into a Very grand lobby, very guilded and opulant, which is beautiful, I lean more towards the the open air, thatched roof type lobbies but it was certainly beautiful and staff couldnt be friendlier. we all had opted out of paying for an upgrade and took the room that was appointed for us, we were second floor facing outside edge of hotel grounds, which certainly was not the view of inside grounds or pool, But nothing wrong with this room at all,as stated in other reviews, did find it a little damp at times but this is quite normal and what you expect with the humidity. Grounds and pool are Beautiful!! and well maintained, towels were always clean and plentiful, never had issue, Beach is one of the best beaches in the area, , I will say this trip there was quite a bit of seaweed washing up, which I had never seen in previous trips to this area,but only first couple of days which i think was caused by the rainy weather first two of days, after that no more seaweed. resort is Close to town, walked the beach to town 1 day and cabbed it a couple times. Food was fabulous... with the exception of the brazillian resturant, did not like this one, Japanese is not my thing so hard to judge, but everyone else liked it, and Fusion was fabulous... and buffets were great with lots of choices. Saxaphonist playing in outside lobby monday night was a highlight, all shows were great and the entertainment crew work soooo hard all day to make sure everyone is having fun. I seriously dont know what you could possibly complain about at this resort, except that it might be a little to fancy for your taste, but as for the everything else it was wonderfull and we were all sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico