“Best breakfast in Playa Del Carmen”
Review of Guilty Monkey - CLOSED

Guilty Monkey
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was on a brief vacation in Cancun. I had been away from my beloved scandinavia for a long while though. You can imagine how excited I got when I saw a swedish flag flying outside a neat little cafe.
When I came in i expected the place to be more or less like all the other breakfast places in Playa. Expensive, boring food and mediocre service.
Man was I wrong. Seriously the best breakfast place in Cancun. The food is excellent, the coffee likewise. And the people working there are supernice. They always seem genuinely happy to see you. They are always ready for a chat, and serve with a smile. I came there everyday after I found the place, I could not recommend it any higher.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Wow! We loved the breakfast so much, we went back the next day and are going back before we leave PDC. The coffee is the best we've had in Mexico, and the pork pancakes were delicious both times I ordered them. I'll be dreaming about them long after we're home again.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here. It is just off of 5th Ave. Great little courtyard setting with plenty of shade. The Turkey and Pesto sandwich was outstanding! Everything is made fresh when you order. Staff was very friendly also! Great find...will be back!

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I came here with some local friends and ordered the Eclectic Omelette, it's really tasty. Beatriz, the owner, prepares the bread included in the dish, it's awesomely good. The coffee is really good too.

1  Thank kermustang
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stumbled across this cute little cafe this morning and ordered myself an iced latte. Not only was it extremely delicious, but the Swedish couple who own the cafe were probably the sweetest people in all of Playa. Thankyou for your beautiful coffee and service :)