“Cool spot great cinnamon rolls”
Review of Guilty Monkey - CLOSED

Guilty Monkey
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We ended stopping by twice. We really wanted to try the cinnamon rolls every one was raving about but they had run out. Our boys were disappointed. We chatted with one of the employees who was very nice and told us to try again later during our visit.

We made it back and the rolls were worth it. We even got some to go for our morning snack the next day. Chatted with a different employee who was also very friendly and made a great Americano and latte.

Worth stopping by for sure for sweet treats and good coffee.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We choose this restaurant based on reviews and that there was brunch served here. The menu is for breakfast or lunch. I had the eclectic omelette which was ok. The highlight was the atmosphere

Beatrice_Hjelm, Ägare at Guilty Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi Doug! Thanks for your review and for stopping by our restaurant. We serve breakfast all day, which means you can eat breakfast for lunch if you like; hence brunch :) I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere. Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had breakfast here this morning. We absolutely loved the atmosphere, the garden is very nice. If we go back, it will be because of the ambiance. As far as the food goes, I had the pork pancakes and my husband had the eclectic omelette. Both were good. We were disappointed that they did not have the cinnamon buns everyone talks about. The service is friendly.

Hi ACR_22! Thank you for your kind review and for visiting our restaurant. The cinnamon buns are very popular and we do our absolute best to keep up with the demand, but unfortunately one can only bake so many cinnamon rolls at a time in our tiny kitchen. I'm very sorry to hear that you never got to try them, and hope that we will see you again next time you are in Playa.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Everyday I would walk down there with my wife and the man would say that he forgot to make the cinnamon rolls this happened three days in a row

1  Thank Huffy123

Dear Huffy123, thank you for your review. We do our best to keep up with the demand of our very populare cinnamon buns. I'm so sorry to hear that you and your wife never got to try them. Ofcourse it is not a question of forgetting to make them, sadly this poor review of our service is the result of a language barrier. I'm very glad to see that you despite this liked our food and the atmosphere we provide, and hope to see you in Playa soon again.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I went here after reading the reviews but was disappointed.

It's a nice setting, but the food and drinks were very average for the price - just what you'd expect, definitely not worth going out of your way for it.

They were understaffed so it was very slow - although they were nice and worked as quickly as they could, we ended up cancelling one of our meals after 40 mins of waiting.

The coffee was fine. My 'granola with yoghurt, seasonal fruits, chai seeds and almonds' was appalling. It was a bowl of liquid greek yoghurt. The only fruit was some banana swimming in it, and the 'granola' was big chunks of a caramelised honey thing swimming around in the yoghurt as well. Maybe this is how they do granola in some parts of the world, but I've never seen it before - certainly not anywhere else in Mexico. It was really gross - and I basically paid for a bowl of yoghurt.

Hi Jennamayhew! Thank you for your review and for stopping by Guilty Monkey. I'm absolutely devastated to hear that you had a bad experience when eating here. Especially our granola, which is one of our most popular dishes, and my personal favorite on the menu. We use natural unsweetened yogurt (not Greek), as it is the only yogurt we have found in Mexico that is free from refined sugar. Other than that I can only apologies. We are a new business and I appreciate you taking the time to review us.