I stayed at the Fairmont Mayakoba last year and instantly felt like I was in paradise. The grounds are spectacular and the room accommodations are impeccable. The hotel has so many amenities from beachside food and drink service, BMW bikes to ride throughout the property, and this year they introduced free kayaks and catamarans. While the physical features of the hotel are amazing, it is the staff that sets this place apart from everywhere else. We returned again this year just to visit one person on staff in particular. Abraham Santos from the La Brisas bar is truly an amazing guy. Not only can he make a phenomenal cocktail, but he provides seamless service while maintaining a great conversation. He gave us local information and we could tell he had a genuine interest in getting to know us as individuals. Abraham is a great guy and he is the reason we will continue to return to Fairmont Mayakoba.
This year my friends we were also impressed with many other staff members who I have to mention for their amazing service. When we arrived at check in Christopher Viveros was so helpful in arranging a beautiful room even though we arrived prior to check in time. Our Bellman Rodrigo walked us to the room and made sure to give us a thorough introduction to our beautiful room. We later ran into Rodrigo throughout our 10 day stay and he always remembered my name, he truly amazed me. Our Housekeepers paid special attention to our room but our turndown Room Attendant Virginia Espana treated us like royalty. Many of the nights we were surprised to find fresh flowers at turn down and personalized notes at our beside. We looked forward to seeing what she arranged for us daily.
In Room Dining sent a beautiful birthday amenity to my friend when we happened to mention in conversation that it was her birthday. All of the waiters at breakfast were so attentive and greeted us with a “welcome back” daily. We spent most of our time laying by the beach and Edy Romuro and Oscar Puc went above and beyond to make sure we were served daily with personal touches. They were so attentive to our needs and preferences and they grew to know us on a personal level as our trip went on. Oscar and Edy presented us with a parting amenity on our last day and Oscar even gave me a Mayan memento to take home. This service from Edy and Oscar was so beyond what I expected I can’t help but think of them and the Fairmont Mayakoba as I look at their parting gift daily on my desk at home.
Every night we would spend visiting with Abraham and his amazing team at the La Brisas. The staff, Abraham, Christian, Alexander, and Angel are a cut above the rest. While we were visiting this year the hotel had to close down the bar because they were renovating the stairs. When we informed the manager that we traveled all that way just to see Abraham the manager, (I think his name was Christopher… however I feel terrible I don’t remember his name) was so helpful. He stated that if we traveled all that way that he would make sure to open the bar so we could see Abraham… and that’s exactly what he did!!! I WAS SHOCKED AND AMAZED!!!
Check out was quick and seamless thanks to Marcos Guerrero. I could tell he cared about me and how my trip was and speaking to him was a nice way to end my amazing vacation.
The staff at Fairmont Mayakoba prove to be happy to be working there, and it shows in the way they treat the guests. They are what make that place better than anywhere I have ever been. I left like royalty and everyone I encountered made me feel that way! I cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelPower and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico