We had the lovely experience of spending a week here, 5 nights with a corporate group of over 250 and 2 nights on our own. Customer service was exceptional, all staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. Our first night we enjoyed dinner at El Puerto, our dinner was quite good, though expensive. With our group we enjoyed dinners at MK Blue at the Banyan Tree, Rosewood on the beach,& on the Isla Lawn. With such a large group the service & food was very well done, kudos! La Laguna was wonderful for breakfast, sometimes a bit of a wait, but with the resort being full that was to be expected. Breakfast buffet was very diverse, bland scrambled eggs so I'd stick to the omelette bar. Eggs Benedict was very good and relatively inexpensive.
Las Brisas for lunch was excellent, didn't make it there for dinner though. Room service was great, they said 45 minute for delivery and it made it there in 40. :) When it did, our server set up the table perfectly, a lovely private dining room.
We were fortunate enough to have a 2nd floor room overlooking the canal which was very private & relaxing. It was cool to watch the resident iguana across the way sunning herself daily, many different birds singing in the trees, squirrels jumping from tree to tree, the turtle that swam by regularly, many fish and even a crocodile swam by. We even had a Coati come visit us, was very cute to see him peek over the roof while we sat on the balcony.
The selection of pools are great, didn't make it to all of them, but the adult one at the back was the best, great to overlook the 'lake', though not as quiet as I thought it would be as you could hear a lot from the diners at La Laguna.
The grounds are exceptionally well kept, there is a lot to do and we didn't get anywhere near all of it done. Would have liked to do the nature trail but we had a lot of other group functions and didn't have time. The massage at the spa was wonderful, though we didn't take in all the spa offered.
I didn't give it top rating only because I want to see and hear the ocean from my room, that is just not possible at this resort unless you can afford the beach casitas, I can't! The beach is quite narrow at this resort but still beautiful white sand & I enjoyed a fantastic long 4 km walk along it. It is such a long way to the beach, biking or taking the carts is the best way to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico