My husband and I spent five days at the Fairmont mayakoba from 8/29-9/3. Upon arrival in to the Cancun airport we were able to get through customs very quickly, when walking to the airpot exact be sure to bypass all of the time share people, they can be a bit overwhelming after a long day of traveling. We were able to secure a shuttle to the resort for $32 a person. It took about an hour to get there since we had to drop off a few other people at various resorts along the way.
When we reached mayakoba checkin was a breeze, they gave us some ice tea to drink and cold towels to wipe hands, very nice after traveling!
We had a casita in the 700's which is about as close as you can get to the beach without paying a crazy amount per night.. It is still about a 10-15 min walk though...the rooms are gorgeous, covered in marble with a huge bathroom, tub, and rain fall shower! Our balcony faced the jungle, beautiful scenery for your morning coffee!
Their beach is beautiful, there were plenty of chairs open and it was not too crowded! However, I will say the service can be a bit slow at times but it was never really a problem. Very clean and soft sand!
Breakfast: We had breakfast each morning at La Laguna, they have a very extensive buffet every morning with pretty much everything you could ever want! I loved the fresh juice bar and omelet station!
La Brisas: We ate lunch here pretty much everyday, it is the restaurant that services the beach and the oceanside pool! Favorites were the cheeseburger, jumbo shrimp, tuna sandwhich, spring rolls, ceviche and much more! We also had dinner here one night and loved it!
El Puerto: We had dinner here one night and while it was great I really wish they would dim the lights a little bit... It is a bit odd having an elegant dinner with the lights on full blast!
*Be aware that drinks are pretty expensive and can definitley add up if you are not on the all inclusive package!
Getting around: I would not reccommend booking this resort of you do not like to walk. My husband and I would normally just start walking in whatever direction we were planning on going and about 80% of the time a golf cart would come by to pick us up. For us it did not really bother us that much since we enjoy walking and looking at the wildlife!
Spa and golf: Spa was amazing! I could have spent all say there! My husband loved the golf, he said it was the most beautiful course he had every played at!
Staff: There are no words that can accurately describe how amazing the staff is! You are treated like kings and they seem to truly enjoy their jobs. On our last day there it rained pretty much all day, in lieu of being stuck in our rooms all day my husband and I, along with a couple of friends we traveled with spent all day in the lobby eating and drinking! Much to our delight the staff brought us Jenga, which kept us amused for hours until the rain stopped!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico