Our Family stay from 6'20 through 6'27/2013 was "Almost Exceptional".
Exceptional sides of the Fairmont Mayakoba
1. Staff, Staff, Staff, from our greeter, Roger to our house keeper Maria. The Fairmont Mayakoba is a place to be pampered. From every staff member greeting you pleasantly, to the Starter in the El Cameleon GC and Caddies they really know how to make you feel appreciated as a guest. The Fairmont "Bigwigs" should be proud.
2. Spacious room, extremely comfortable beds, beautiful beach front and pool areas, No screaming kids/teens, loud music, nor extra-curricular activities that make your skin crawl, just good old R&R.
3. Clean, beautiful property and what you would expect from a "Classy Hotel".
1. I have learned how to deal with the "Airlines" that nickel and dime you for every little item, but not from a hotel family that is of this caliber. From the $20 a day to access the internet (for each computer), to a $5 a minute phone call to the U.S. or to the $15 a day surcharge per adult. (Why can't they just add this to the cost of the room per night?)
2. Food - Somewhat better than the "all Inclusive" but nothing to write home about.
3. The "Lagoon Rooms" are exactly what is labeled, only they forget to mention that if you are allergic to mold like I am it is not a room for you. (They did move us to a second floor room which is spectacular)
4. Though the Staff was exceptional at many things, being on the same page of what the hotel provides differs from everyone staff member you speak too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico