We stayed here for a family vacation with older children. It was a very relaxed, secluded environment. The property is spread over a wide area but the hotel provides multiple means of transportation – including electric carts (that move silently so as not to disturb guests) bikes, and even boats. The large property makes each room feel very private. The service is friendly, sincere, and unpretentious at a consistently high level. The beach is a little rocky, but very calm. There are many pools spread throughout the property, including two infinity pools – one with an ocean view and the other with a beautiful river/mangrove view. The main pool is decorated nicely, and even though it is a large resort-style pool, carefully positioned gardens and palm trees divide the pool into areas perfect for families to feel more private.
The food is fresh, well prepared, and has lots of vegetarian/vegan options. We also dined at the Banyan Tree next door in the Mayakoba complex and the Thai restaurant “Saffron” was delicious and very authentic, with our table situated over the river. The Fairmont provided transportation complimentary.
We also participated in a private beer tasting one afternoon with Luis. Luis was clearly very dedicated and knowledgeable. He introduced us to many different types of artesian beers, and worked hard to create special food pairings to accommodate our dietary restrictions. This was one of the highlights of our trips and I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves good food and drink.
Our Butler (Sal) was courteous and friendly, and always stopped by multiple times each day to make sure our stay was going well and arrange for anything we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico