“Great Conference Venue”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Great Conference Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont for a conference and found it an excellent venue. Staff were always delightful, pools and beach well maintained, only a small gripe ....the Bambu pool had no waiter service, or any other service, something which could be easily rectified.

If you don't like walking and the resort is large, the golf buggy's pick you up & I rarely waited more than 5 minutes for one, in either direction. The resort was host to a fair sized convention and a fair sized wedding as well as other guests, yet it never felt crowded or full. I particularly liked that there are pools for adults only. The room was clean and well cared for, and the concierge staff, particularly Marco, were super helpful and knowledgeable.

I also like that one could eat at the other restaurants in Mayakoba, and that the hotel provided transport to both the Banyan Tree & the Rosewood, which had a brilliant Asian Fusion restaurant, pricey, but worth it. Book the boat trip (around the resort) as you arrive, as it does get busy & booked up, but is very enjoyable and interesting. All in all it was well picked by the organisers of the conference.

Room Tip: Casita rooms are lovely in mid rain forest or on the river, but not in mosquito season if you are pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fairmont M, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Mayakoba, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear 81Val,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Fairmont Mayakoba. It is always delightful to read comments of our guests and particularly those who even when staying for business got the time to enjoy the hotel’s facilities and services.
I agree with you, the boat tour is a memorable experience as it gives you a different perspective of the hotel and the green efforts in place; but it is also a unique opportunity to see up close some of the 250 species that live in Mayakoba. As you well point it out, best is to reserve it before your arrival or on the very first day because even when we offer the tour every hour at daylight on a daily basis, it is one of the most requested activities.
We look forward to welcome you back.
Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. the room was very clean and centrally located. once you get a handle on the property its easy to get around by walking, taking one of the bikes at the bike stands, or catching shuttle. the staff is very accommodating and their English was impeccable. I was in a casita, and the landscaping around it was perfect. the room itself was huge and the bath area was like being outdoors but with complete privacy. Gym was great, although I thought the Spa prices were exhorbitant. meeting facilities were clean, well stocked and very open. beach is a bit small, but the pools more than made up for that. food was very good at all restaurants, and the hotel is about 20 minute cab ride into Playa del Carmen.

Room Tip: Casitas in the 500 range are close to everything
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

A gorgeous and breath taking hotel. The staff were so attentive and kind and were at your service 24/7. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen in my life, with such an incredible selection of food. The pool area by the beach was lovely and relaxing. Having the luxury of carts to escort you around the stunning grounds made you feel like a vip. My only negative point was that you could not order sushi by the pool as they only had it at the main lobby restaurant. The bedrooms were like paradise with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. I would definitely go back to stay at this hotel. I visited the spa to have my hair put up for a wedding and she was spectacular.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anouska M,
Reading your comment make me smile and remember how lovely is to stay at Fairmont Mayakoba. I will pass on your compliments to the management as it is a testimonial of the attention to detail that all of the hotel’s colleagues have to create a memorable experience for our guests.
I’m also happy to know that you visited the resort for a Wedding, and we hope to welcome you back for another special occasion or a relaxing beach vacation.
Stamford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked this resort at the last minute due to change in travel plans. Exceptional property, good service/friendly staff, nice beach, good food... If you plan to drink/eat at the resort every day consider an all inclusive option, otherwise rent a car and you will have various options in Playa and Puerto Morelos. We will be back.

Room Tip: Casita deluxe units are quite nice, ask for the top floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VasyaStamford_CT
Summerville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I attended a beauitiful beach wedding with 70 other attendees at this resort. The ceremony and reception at Las Brisas were very nicely done. I enjoyed visiting and being invited by the bride and groom however the accident I experienced and following horrible odor from my toilet backing up into my shower and sewage problem kept me daily having to contact and repeatedly retell the problems I was having to different managers every 6/8 hours they changed shifts. The previous manager on duty obviously rarely communicated guests pro lems or accidents occuring on their shift to the oncoming new manager taking over. Needless to say, from wed. Evening upuntil a begged for room change I finally received on sat. Afternoon ( the day before my departure) I had to constantly deal with bad condition due to mangrove roots backing up my shower and causing unbeknownst to me 5 inches of water to cover my entire bathroom floor. After stepping into my bathroom area I slipped and fell flat on my back and hit my head very hard also. I did get to see a very nice doctor who examined me but later was told by one concierge that I would have to pay for that visit and another one I was requesting. This was later cleared up but then the housecleaning manager informed me that sewage was backing up into this same shower. 5 hours later I finally got moved sat. After waiting and missing the wedding party pool and beach party given by the bride and groom. After all was said and done I was given 2 nites off my final bill and still am waiting for a response to other questionable charges regarding my final bill. Definitely wont ever return to the Fairmont Mayakoba. The waiters , cooks , repairmen and cleaning crews however were fantastic.

Room Tip: Don't. Iadvise choose a different resort.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank scw2747
Thank you for taking the time to express on TripAdvisor the incidents from your recent stay with us, and also for sharing how gracious the service provided by the waiters, cooks and rest of the staff is.
I sincerely apologize for the incidents described as they do not represent the guest experience of Fairmont Mayakoba. Noticing that you are already in communication with us via another channel, I will review internally so that we follow up with your request.
Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to improve.
Cordially,
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our stay has been great- -we have 2 connecting rooms upstairs and it feels spacious enough for 5 of us to relax and have our own space. Beach has been great; food really good and the service and staff very warm, professional and helpful. You feel very safe tucked in to Mayakoba and we have gone into Playa del Carmen for shopping and dinner several times- - and you also feel very safe there. A great relaxing and energizing family vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this resort the end of May and it is fantastic! It spans 45 acres of landscaped jungle with a freshwater lagoon meandering through it. I was in constant awe of all the flowering plants and trees with dozens of bird species calling throughout. It is so vast that the hotel provides constant free shuttles which are never more than a couple minutes away. The beach was gorgeous complete with free shady palapas, padded lounge chairs, fresh towels and discrete beverage/food/whatever service. There is a lovely restaurant, bar and infinity pool next to the beach. Other gorgeous pools are throughout the grounds. I had one of the 100 series casitas and it was stunning with its own terrace and private garden outside the bathroom. Beds and pillows were super comfy. Service was superb. Definitely take the free boat ride through the lagoon, you won't believe the wildlife. The breakfast buffet at La Laguna was incredible!

Room Tip: I never saw the hotel rooms but new friends said my casita room was much nicer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank C F
Fairmont M, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Mayakoba, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear CF:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Mayakoba.

Being sustainable is a key component of our philosophy and so, reading that you enjoyed and appreciated the lush vegetation, the lagoons that are home to fishes, turtles, ducks and many other local species, it is a valuable recognition to our Green Team and all of our colleagues. It is lovely to hear as well that you took the boat tour it is indeed a highlight of the resort.

We hope to welcome you back.

Regards,