I stayed at the Fairmont for a conference and found it an excellent venue. Staff were always delightful, pools and beach well maintained, only a small gripe ....the Bambu pool had no waiter service, or any other service, something which could be easily rectified.
If you don't like walking and the resort is large, the golf buggy's pick you up & I rarely waited more than 5 minutes for one, in either direction. The resort was host to a fair sized convention and a fair sized wedding as well as other guests, yet it never felt crowded or full. I particularly liked that there are pools for adults only. The room was clean and well cared for, and the concierge staff, particularly Marco, were super helpful and knowledgeable.
I also like that one could eat at the other restaurants in Mayakoba, and that the hotel provided transport to both the Banyan Tree & the Rosewood, which had a brilliant Asian Fusion restaurant, pricey, but worth it. Book the boat trip (around the resort) as you arrive, as it does get busy & booked up, but is very enjoyable and interesting. All in all it was well picked by the organisers of the conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico