Recently visited Mayakoba with a large group for a company trip. My first impression was that the resort is so unique compared to any other because of the waterways meandering throughout. All the wildlife and nature are very captivating.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable and what you would expect at a luxury resort. We did encounter a small issue upon arrival with the ac not working in our room (600 section) and it smelling like mildew. The staff corrected the issue while we were at dinner so it wasn't necessary to change rooms.
Both pools at the resort were very well maintained and beautiful, but the service was WAY better at the beach pool. At the main pool we waited 45 minutes for our drinks (4 of us) and almost every time we ordered there was a mistake. The bartender at times acted like he was bothered by helping us. Not what you would expect from a Fairmont property.
This type of service was also reflected during breakfast at La Laguna. I didn't want the buffet served during breakfast but it took 15-20 min for a waiter to even come over with a menu or to take my drink order. You're better off just paying a little extra for room service! Those guys were always happy and the food was brought with a quickness.
The bartender at the beach bar, Angel, is probably the best at the resort! He is always happy and ready to quench your thirst.
The golf cart transportation guys were always available and ALWAYS happy to take you where you need. I liked the bikes placed around the reosrt. It was a fun way to explore the resort and work in some exercise.
Dinner at Las Brisas was good, but others in my group were not as impressed. I guess it all depends on what you order, but my Churrasco steak was delicious.
We had a couple hosted company dinners which were all fantastic. I was most impressed with the filet and lobster we had our last night. Everything was cooked perfectly which can be difficult to do for 200+ people at a time.
All in all I would recommend this resort, but there is definitely some room for improvement on the service side (main pool bar, La Laguna, Lobby bar)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico