The hotel was recently built with an ecological consideration. It is surrounded by beautiful canals with natural mangroves and cenotes (underwater caves). You can take a complimentary boat tour around the Fairmont and sister properties, Banyan Tree and Rosewood. The canals are teeming with wildlife.
The pools wind through the center of the property with both family-friendly pools and private adults-only pools. Our 7-year-old daughter especially enjoyed the water slide in one of the smaller pools!
The rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds and luxurious bathrooms with soaking tubs and rain showers. They are all very private and peaceful.
The spa was amazing! If you book any spa service, you can use the facilities all day. The eucalyptus steam room was a nice treat! In addition, the mineral pool and lap pool located on the rooftop, were wonderful. They are like frosting on the cake after a relaxing massage!
The service was absolutely stellar. From the welcoming staff at the front desk to the housekeeping staff who left beautiful flowers on the bed every day, everyone went over and above their duty to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one.
*The only qualm that I had was with the travel agency on site. The woman at the desk was not helpful at all. When I inquired about what "rainy day" activities were available on or near the hotel property, her answer was "not much". She was more concerned with her personal phone call than helping me out.
Overall, the stay was great. We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico