It was simply the the best place I have ever been to in Mexico. It was an amazing resort, luxurious but not ostentatious, incredible service. When we arrived at the entrance curve a greeter gave me a wet towel and said "You are on vacation now" and that set the tone. The food was outstanding. The breakfast buffet was so abundant that we didn't need food till dinner. Everyone was smiling, any employee who has contact with the public speaks perfect English. The boat ride on the canals was an ecological feast. The room was incredibly comfortable, huge bathroom with view of a private garden. The room had a private balcony overlooking the canal. We loved to sit there and watch the sunset every day. The beach was VERY nice and the room was very close to it. There are three restaurants on the property but you can also visit the other two Mayakoba properties on the compound. The last night we had dinner at the Rosewood Mayakoba, which is also an outstanding resort.
Overall an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico