At first I wasn't going to write a review since the fairmont maykoba already has so much positive feedack....but I can't stop thinking about what an amazing experience we had. So here it goes...
Going through customs and immigration in cancun is NOT a fun process, especially witha 2 and 5 year old. But we used cancun valet for our transfer (really reliable and always responded promptly to my emails) and arrived at the fairmont 45 minutes later.
As soon as we got there, the front desk gave us our keys...check in took a total of 90 seconds! A really nice man walked us to our room and told us everyything we needed to know.
House keeping was the best I have ever seen...hands down. We were never short a towel, everything was spotless, and coffee plentiful.
EVERYONE at the hotel is courteous, kind, and more than willing to go out of their way to get you what you need.
My husband and I are foodies and thought the food was awesome at all the restaurants.
Kid's club was very good. My daugther loved going there. My husband went to drop off lunch for her and saw one of the guys who work there playing duck duck goose with the kids..he didn't know that my husband was watching and my husband was quite impressed with how animated he was and how he interacted with the kids.
The boat tour is a must.
We stayed in a casita suite in the 200 buliding which was close to the pool. The suite is absolutely insane!! Our daugther slept on the pullout sofa. THe baby was in a crib and we were able to put the crib in the master bath because it was giganic!
Rent a car if you plan on going anywhere. we didn't and spent $110 to go to the crococun zoo which is only 20 minutes away (definately go to the zoo!!!)
If you are Fairmont presidnt's club memeber, then parking and internet are free.
The beach is also awesome. Warm water and soft white powdery sand. It's just a little rocky when you get in the water but not much.
The pool area is so beautiful. It's desinged in a way that you can get some chairs directly in front of a shallow area that gets deep about 20 feet in....it's great for babies. And it feels so private....like you have your own pool!
I definately recommend staying here. I always wonder what to make of people writing reviews on trip adivosr so i will tell you about myself to put it in perspective. I am 32 years old and live in LA and considered upper class. My husband and I like to splurge on meals and I have high expectations. The Fairmont Mayakoba defiantely exceeded my expectations.
Kudos to the amazing management as this was THE BEST hotel we have ever stayed at!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico