My husband, son (10 years old) and I recently returned from 9 nights here. We were looking for a relaxing stay and that is exactly what we found. All three of us felt spoiled beyond belief by the experience. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a beach front casita which came with a butler! Manuel Rodriguez was our personal concierge for our stay and he couldn't do enough for us. We greatly appreciated his thoughtfulness. And that thoughtfulness extended to all the staff we encountered. Everyone was kind and friendly. We must also mention Victor, one of our waiters at La Laguna, who arranged for the pastry chef to create a bon voyage gift for us on our last day.
As to some of the criticisms posted by other guests, we did not experience any of the problems outlined. Every day we were at the beach, there were lounge chairs to spare and several times during our stay the hotel was at 95% capacity. The food service at the beach was unobtrusive but reasonably prompt (within 5-10 minutes) when you required it. As to the food, the quality was excellent and the menu items varied. We ate almost every meal at the resort and were pleased with the selection. The prices are resort prices and the quality of the food is fine dining. If some one is looking for tex-mex or budget prices, it is not found here. As to the service, we experienced good service each and every time and most times the service was outstanding.
With respect to the golf carts, they run very regularly. If one was not immediately available, we never walked more than 5 minutes before one came along. The drivers were pleasant, friendly, and concerned for your safety. There are also bicycles available at many locations.
As to the noise, we really can't comment as we were in a self-contained unit and fell asleep to the sound of the waves each night.
Now to the things we really enjoyed, the beach is pristine. The water warm and most days the waves perfect for body surfing. The pools were lovely as well. The food was awesome. The staff fantastic. As for things to do, take the launch through the lagoons. We saw amazing wildlife: a wide variety of birds, turtles, iguanas, and a crocodile. Take a cooking lesson if you enjoy the kitchen. The chef who gave our lessons was very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about his craft. We were given a tour of the kitchens and the amount of food from the lesson fed the three of us both at lunch and dinner that day.
All in all this was a great experience and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico