We had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont. We are a family with a toddler, preteen and a teen and first time Mexico tourists. The property is gorgeous, service wonderful, food very good. We loved the beach, and although staying at the main building we were about 10 minutes away (which does take away a certain magic of staying "right on the beach"), the kids loved taking the golf carts (there were always plenty around). The pools are great as well. We chatted with quite a few other families staying there, as well as some people we happen to know who stayed there a few months before, and everyone was unanimous in their raves. This is a great hotel. Do note that it is somewhat isolated, so if you don't rent a car you need to arrange all excursions or take cabs, literally nothing is within walking distance.
We had a few day trips. We did an Edventure tour of Tulum, cenotes and snorkeling with the turtles, which was a wonderful day.
We also used Brant at Entertainment Plus to arrange for a car and driver to take us to Chichen Itza, Ik Kil and Ek Balam (the latter) was the kids' favorite ruin. The driver was prompt and pleasant but NOT English speaking as advertised and promised. But it was a wonderful (and educational) trip.
This was a wonderful family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico