“2nd year, just as good as the first!”
Review of Aqua Excursions

Aqua Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
$105.00*
and up
Underwater Maya Snorkeling Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer snorkeling and scuba diving activities for all levels, from beginners to very well experienced divers. We are located at several resorts along the Riviera Maya, among which: Palladium and Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya & Azteca in Playacar, hotel zone in Playa del Carmen, and The Royal and Gran Porto resorts, right in the heart of downtown Playa. Come and join us! We are already looking forward to introducing you to our nice and friendly mexican team!!
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“2nd year, just as good as the first!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went back to the Grand Sirenis which is one of the hotels that Aqua Excursions are based at - was there last 14 months ago and was really pleased to be remembered by the guys from my last visit - even to the extent of them commenting on a tattoo that I have had done since my last visit. Very professional and great dive guides, did ten dives in my two weeks and saw a great variety - turtles, moray, rays and best of all a nurse shark! Fernando and Victor are excellent guides - as are all of the team - can't wait to get back diving with them again soon! Thanks guys

Visited March 2014
Leo S, General Manager at Aqua Excursions, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments I am very happy to hear that you had a blast diving with us,remember we have a loyalty program for return customers dont forget to ask about it next time. We are always happy to see familiar faces or tatoos : )
See you soon greetings from myself and all of the Aqua Excursions STAFF

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First rate, professional staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had an excellent experience with Aqua Excursions on the four dives we took with them as well as a day trip to Akumal and a cenote. I finished my scuba certification with Enrique and Oliver and they both did a wonderful job gaining my trust and helping me feel comfortable 40 ft. under! The company staff at the Royal Playa del Carmen as well as the excellent staff on Cozumel with the company took great care to lead us and book two fabulous lunches during our excursions as well. The boats, vans and equipment are all super well maintained and the diving was amazing. I would highly reccommend using this water activities company while in Cancun.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to introduce you to the underwater world in Riviera Maya we hope to see you again soon remember we have a loyaalty program for return customers, 10% discount on your next visit.
Thank you very much for your comments greetings from myself and all the Aqua Excursions STAFF
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mayan snorkel”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all I have to say this as the most awesome snorkeling ever! The guides are amazing! Emmanuel, and victor make the experience so great! Paco the photographer is amazing! He takes amazing pictures, and when my underwater camera broke on the trip he not only looked at it, he was gracious enough to take all the pictures I wanted. He is there to take pictures anyway, but every time I asked he took whatever I wanted! Overall this was an amazing tour! The turtles were HUGE!!! We saw stingrays and all different types if fish. Snorkeling I'm the Cenote was AMAZING!!! I can not say enough good things about this tour!

Calgary, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great dives, dive masters excellent, photos really good”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Completed 6 dives. One dive a bit of debris in water, other 5 dives had great visibility. Great coral and fish colour and variety. Crevices, coral formations of all shapes and types and fun diving. Dive master Antje was superb when we slowed down to look more than travel. Polly photographer took excellent shots with us in them. Dive shop located in Grand Palladium resort. I'd give them 5 out of 5 for service and dive quality. The sites are very close to the resort so very short boat rides and felt well taken care of every time. We highly recommend this crew!

Visited February 2014
Niagara Falls, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great diving and viz, but dive staff dropped the ball”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Four dives with this shop. All around very good experience, even if we didn't see too much aquatic life.

I have to say this dive shop would have received 5 stars without hesitation, but their boat and dive crew displayed bad business practice by refusing to exchange or replace the damaged main regulator (missing its protective diaphragm) they provided me for the first dive. I was forced between risking using it, or forfeiting my first dive (and subsequently having my gf forfeit hers). I chose the former with some reservation and didn't have any incident with the reg, but it affected our rating of this shop from a 5 star to a 1 star. All because they felt the damaged reg they gave me was good enough for me but not good enough for them to use themselves and give me theirs.

Visited June 2013