Book In Advance
Tours from Aqua Excursions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Aqua Excursions
from $105.00
from $440.00
from $229.00
from $1,999.00
More Info
All reviews grand sirenis dive master these guys deep dive dive shop boat crew dive sites open water aquatic life snorkel trip experienced divers excellent dive great diving experience ferry to cozumel spider monkeys sea turtles refresher course
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Jaime, Giovanni, Rene, Daniel, Arnold, Jaime... all great and helpful. The trip was so much fun and we saw a turtle which can sometimes not happen.

Deffo worth the money and would suggest going on a Tuesday so you have the fabulous Jaime!!

We did the caves, animal and turtle scuba day.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

To set the stage, I nearly drowned when I was young and have had a fear of open water most of life. On this vacation with my wife, I wanted to try and conquer that fear.

Initially I just wanted to get in the pool with gear on a try breathing underwater, what we left with is an amazing adventure and a scuba diver certification all thanks to our patient, attentive, and experienced scuba trainer Carlos!

I credit this man so much for my success as he took the time and patience I need to baby step my way past each hurdle. As anyone else who may have a PTSD fear can attest to, you cant always simply jump right in, it takes some time for your brain to cope and adjust and Carlos not only taught and tested me on all mechanics of scuba, but he also guided me through the mental struggles.

In the end, we completed 3 open water reef dives, the entire team at Aqua Adentures was very good and patient. They explained everything in detail before each dive including transportation to and Cozumel.

We had anything we needed provided from snacks and drinks to extra equipment if something were to give us trouble.

I learned and enjoyed a lot in those 3 days and dives and cannot wait to go diving again with my already certified friends back home. And who knows, maybe we all come back here some day together to dive Cozumel again. If so, my first call will be to Aqua Excursions.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

AquaExcursions did everything they could to cater for our schedule. We were in Mexico for 5 full days and dived on 4 of them. Booking a 10 dive package in advance made this good value compared to previous dive holidays at other destinations.

The service was relaxed, friendly and efficient. Great diving in all locations, but the cenote was out of this world. A lifetime experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I vacationed last week at the Royal in Playa del Carmen with two other couples. Myself and another one of the guys are certified divers and had planned to bring our third guy into diving with the Discover Scuba course. That would be training and a couple of dives the following day in Cozumel. The training instructor, Carlos, was more than an hour late for our training session and poorly communicated scuba basics. So much so that our non-certified friend didn’t feel comfortable enough to dive when we went open water the next day. The girls had a great time snorkeling on the tour while we two certified divers had two good dives. The day in Cozumel was led by our dive master, Alfonso, and he was outstanding.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Great company to work with. I decided late in my trip to seek my open water diving certification and Aqua Excursions made it happen. They had dives available to fit my schedule and time frame. The instructors were fantastic. They organized two dives in Carmen Del Playa and two dives in Cozumel. My wife did not want to learn to dive so they were able to have her come along and snorkel. Overall it was a great experience and I can't say enough about the quality of the instructors, equipment, location and value. If you want to learn to dive, these are the guys to make it happen.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Giovannni set up my First time dive experience and Carlos was my instructor. Carlos made me feel right at home in the pool and when we went to the ocean for my first dive he was great. He had me prepared and unafraid, a fantastic time. Giovanni was able to schedule the rest of my dives so they did not interfere with our other plans. My second set of dives were with Mateo. He also did a great job of making sure I was prepared for for my next open water dive. Alfonso was my instructor on my final dives in Cozumel he was great. When I was done I sat down with Carlos and he reviewed my tests with me and granted my certification.
Everyone I meet at Aqua Excursions was fantastic and accomaditaning. I would highly recommend them. They work hard to make sure you learn and have a great time.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We scuba dived with aqua excursions at grand Sirenis and we can’t recommend these guys enough , was an incredible experience! We done the scuba diving for beginners and it was great, I was very nervous but our instructor was very patient with me when training in the pool, as I just wasn’t getting some of it. The dive was amazing and we saw loads of beautiful fish! This experience was amazing and the guys were great

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Went diving with Aqua Excursion Mayan Riviera Was a great organization. They picked us up at our hotel. Escorted us by ferry to Cozumel. We had a lot of space on the boat and did not feel crowded the equipment was very good. They had a photographer dive with us Frederico Bravo who did a wonderful job and we bought a set of photos

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We have stayed at the Grand Palladium several times and I just wanted to mention how great the drive staff is. From the beginning of our experience with Marco Cano to the actual dive with Rudy was exceptional. They are a great group and take the extra time with you. My son, Alex and husband, Chris just love it there. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I booked a fishing trip through Aqua Excursions whilst staying the the Grand Sirensis. It could have been the highlight of our holiday but sadly the team at AE somewhat spoiled a magical occasion.
It began sourly when I agreed a 4 hour boat trip which included 3 hours fishing and 1 hour snorkelling. All the trips from AE were in Dollars so I'd already worked out how much I would be paying in Pounds. When I went to pay I was told I'd get a good deal when paying in Pesos so I qas surprised he asked me to pay considerably more that what I had worked out in Pounds. I challenged him on this and showed him the exchange calculator on my phone. Without another word he charged me the figure from my phone. This was clearly an attempt to sneak a bit more out of me.
Anyway, the day of the trip arrived and my 2 children, my wife and I waited at the dive shop as instructed. Our boat captain spotted us and said 'you're fishing with me today' and walked off towards the beach. We walked behind him in silence until we reached the boat. Another guy was waiting on the boat and we had to wade out in 2 feet of water to board the boat. Once aboard we sat there in odd silence at the fact that neither of them had actually spoken to us even though we were about to spend 4 hours with them! Eventually my wife asked them 'so what's the deal here? What do we call you?' One of them confirm their names and said we could have refreshments from the cool box. There was nothing about the fishing, the boat or what we could expect - nothing. On the way out to the fishing spots I tried to make conversation with the captain but unfortunately all he could do was grunt at me. The other guy was equally uninterested in us so it made for a really awkward and boring trip in a little boat.
Thankfully things livened up when a fish was hooked after about an hour and I took the rod to bring it in. This fish took at least 25 minutes to bring in and turned out to be the fish of a lifetime for me - a mahi mahi of around 40 pounds. I was elated and knackered in equal measure at this point and looked to the two boat crew for a bit of a 'wow, that was cool' but they couldn't have cared less. Naturally I wanted a photo of the fish but one of them said 'photos when we get back'. How weird and disappointing when I'd just caught the biggest fish of my life. They simply chucked the fish into the box under the deck and turned away! No doubt he ended up as fish tacos somewhere. A few minutes later another fish was hooked and the rod was offered to me but I was shattered after fighting the first one so the guy brought it in. This second mahi mahi was again unceremoniously chucked alive into the storage box under the deck. Once
again the rod bent over and another fish was hooked. This time my wife had a go on the rod but was soon outmuscled by an 85lb sailfish. Between them the guys brought the fish in and we had photos taken on the boat as it was returned to the sea straight after. A massive storm was brewing at this point and they suggested we head in before it arrived. It was back in a small bay that I asked if I could have a photo with my mahi mahi and my wife thankfully got some good pictures. We then began snorkelling just as the heavens opened and we were caught in a huge storm. We agreed then to head back as the sea was pretty rough and the sky was ominously black.
There was no conversation or small talk whatsoever on the way back either. In fact the only thing that was said at the end of our trip was a request for a bloody tip! I guess what they did was what was expected of them - to get us fish. I just would have wanted the two boat crew to involve us and share the joy of fishing - hell, it would have been nice for them to at least acknowledge us. Maybe they had had a heavy night or maybe they just saw us as just another tourist family - either way, they took the shine off what should have been the best fishing day of my life.

3  Thank Moongardners