“Highlight of our trip”

Mayanpage Tours & Transfers
Ranked #168 of 385 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim with turtles, Climb pyramids, Explore Mayan cities, See Wildlife ... But DO IT the best way !!! Experts in Quality Tours and Transfers.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recently returned from a trip to the Riviera Maya. We booked a trip to Chitizen Itza and was not disappointed.

From the moment we were collected from our hotel our guide Gonzalo was friendly and made us very welcome, the small tour was exactly what we were looking for, his knowledge of the Mayan Culture was immense and we never felt rushed and always had time to answer our questions.

The trip also included a visit to a cenote, the guide, instead of visiting the one next to Chitizen Itza which was extremely busy took us to cenote Samula, which we had to ourselves - it was magical.

Traditional Lunch was included in the trip and Gonzalo took the time to explain how the food was traditionally cooked.

Would thoroughly recommend this tour as we have been left with lasting memories. When we returned to the Riviera Maya we wouldn't hesitate to organise a tour with Gonzalo again.

5  Thank Gordon M

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had fun and learned at the same time about the Mayan culture, ate typical Mayan food, swam in a beautiful cave (with no big crowds, only us) anyway the BEST day of my vacations! I hired this agency because I´ve heard that they were really professional, I wasn´t sure because the sales representative at the lobby was saying bad things about the tour agencies outside the hotel… Just to scare me! It was really AWESOME! I took 2 tours in one week , first with the “official” tour desk at the lobby (it was good) second with Monroy to Coba and Tulum- (It was awesome!). There is no comparison between a regular tour and a PRIVATE tour (and it was cheaper than the tour desk). Thank you Monroy, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!

3  Thank Yunko D
Reviewed June 6, 2014

i've been in lots of tours to different ruins and parks, but this... was the best ever! no big packed buses, No crowds in the ruins, answer to all my questions and always getting a plus to my expectations, I wish i had known this agency before taking the shared tours. i wanted to visit "Ek Balam" since are the only mayan ruins that you can climb near the resort. We got there before anybody else did, so we had fun climbing every pyramid almost alone, like our private playground for me and my friends. Archaeology at the highest level with all the information and we always felt safe with Monroy, This guy really knows how to do a great tour.

5  Thank Vaaleria S
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Everything about this day was excellent! Many memories were made that day thanks to owner and guide Gonzalo. He was very professional and highly knowledgable in the Mayan culture and area. Together we toured Tulum , Coba, Cenote Choo Ha, village Campamento Hidalgo and Playa del Carmen. We described what we wanted to see/do and he planned our day scheduling Tulum first to avoid the heat of the day and large groups of tourists. We said we wanted a non-touristy cenote (fresh water pool) so we did Choo Ha, which was absolutely breathtaking! The water was so crystal clear and refreshing to swim in. I would never ever hesitate to recommend Gonzalo as a guide and will certainly be calling him on my next trip to the Mayan Riviera. Gonzalo - thank you so much for making our trip SO excellent!

5  Thank JayTeeEss184
Reviewed May 14, 2014

There aren't words kind enough to describe Gonzalo and MayanPage Private Tours.
I'll begin by saying that a friend of mine, the wonderful George, who works in the tourist industry with Gonzalo as a driver, set up our tour for us. Because it's a private tour, we were able to pick our times and locations and everything was customized. George and Gonzalo are so accommodating that we found ourselves feeling very spoiled. Gonzalo is very personable and professional and I felt comfortable with him instantly. At every point in the tour he gave us historical information on the culture, the environment, past and present customs and traditions, do's and don'ts in the area, and answered our endless questions in detail. Below is a summary of our fantastic day:

We were picked up promptly at 7:30am which was enough time to have breakfast at the resort.

We drove to the ruins in Tulum and spent approximately 1.5 hours inside guided by Gonzalo who explained more of the site than you would ever have explained on a large tour or if you attend the site on your own.

After Tulum we drove to Coba where you can climb the ruins. It's an entirely different experience than Tulum. Both are equally beautiful and magnificent to see, however, there are vast differences you wouldn't otherwise understand if not with such a knowledgeable guide.

I'll point out here that Gonzalo recommended for us to visit Tulum first as this site becomes busy with tourists very quickly and his recommendation was accurate. When we were leaving the site, what seemed like bus loads of people were arriving.

Immediately after exiting the ruins in Coba, we found ourselves hungry and ate at the nearest restaurant. Let me tell you it is much easier to order food and be served when you are accompanied by fluent Spanish speakers, as Coba is inland, English is not understood as well as in the resort areas. Lunch was buffet style and everything was very good. Gonzalo mentioned that at this restaurant, they cook the food underground wrapped in banana leaves.

From the ruins in Coba to the Cenote Choo Ha is a very short but bumpy ride. I'll tell you that it's worth every bump in the road once you see how magnificent and breathtaking an underground Cenote is. We had Choo Ha all to ourselves for the better part of our time there. The water is so beautiful and refreshing that it is just what you need after walking around ruins all morning in the hot sun. I would move to Mexico just to visit this Cenote more often. I have to thank Gonzalo and George for making that experience possible as it is something I will surely never forget.

Immediately after leaving the Cenote, we drove to the Mayan Village Campamento Hidalgo where we met and observed a Mayan family still living in their traditional way. It's amazing and encouraging to see families continuing their culture and raising future generations in the same fashion. Make sure you bring some pesos to donate to the family for allowing you into their home to witness a traditional Mayan way of life.

We finished off our tour by stopping in Playa Del Carmen to pick up a few souvenirs on the way back to the resort. At every turn, even in a very tourist district, Gonzalo and George were full of information and also very helpful and knowledgeable.

Taking a tour with Gonzalo, and maybe even George if you're lucky, will be one of the greater experiences of your life. It is a must when you visit the Mayan Riviera and Mayanpage Private Tours is the ONLY way to tour.

6  Thank VaNiNa1985