My husband and I were staying at our timeshare in Cancun but wanted to go down to playa del Carmen for a couple of reasons.....5th ave.(shops. nice places to eat, and nightlife) and Akumal Bay(check this place out for sure before one of the mayor resorts takes this place over and destroys the ecosystem there).
First this hotel is right off 5th avenue and has great access to the ferry that goes to Cozumel. We were only there for one night but we would go back there again in a heartbeat. Let me tell you all the perks of staying at this boutique hotel:
1. LOCATION: You get a new room that it very well appointed in a great location. It is right off of 5th ave. and two blocks to the ferry to Cozumel and the beach club.
2. BREAKFAST: For only $6 pp you can add breakfast at a really nice place around the corner from the hotel. This included homemade breads, muffins, jelly, fruit, yogurt and granola, and coffee and juice. Also for $5 more, you can get a full breakfast of your choice. Very good. Or if you are staying longer then I would recommend that you get one of the units that has a full kitchen and make your own.
3. DECOR: This hotel is brand new and has really cool furnishings that are tasteful and very nice. The shower is big and luxurious. And if you choose to have a room with a full kitchen then you also get a living room and a cute balcony.
3. BEACH CLUB: Though the hotel is not beachfront and has a small pool in the courtyard to cool off in, you do get free access to the beach club that they are affiliated with that has chairs, umbrellas and a 10% discount on your entire bill for food and drinks. This was a great bonus for us since it was so nice to chill by the water, have a waiter come to you and you enjoy drinks and food by the ocean. The club has a very south beach and European flair to it. It has lounge music playing during the day and after 4ish a live band.
4. FREE WIFI AND CALLS TO THE US: If you book a room that has this perk, it is great. That way you can stay connected to your loved ones in the US and get all your emails.
5. PARKING: We rented a car from Cancun to get to Akumal Bay and Playa and it was so nice to know that there was garage parking on the premises included in our stay. Safe and easy.
6. STAFF: Staff was helpful, courteous, and answered all the questions that we have. The only thing and maybe because it is their low season, was that early in the morning and late a night it was harder to find someone at the front desk. But they always seemed to pop up at the right time.
I would recommend staying here is you are staying in Playa del Carmen for a day or longer. Great place in a great location!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Condo Hotel and Rental Accommodations in Playa del Carmen, Offering fully equipped 1,2 and 3 bedroom rentals. Acanto is one block from the beach and the pedestrian-filled la Quinta Avenida. All guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, phone calls, daily continental breakfast, access to the beach, daily maid service, concierge service and discounts to many local area restaurants. We have a beautiful roof top with BBQ and sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea. All accommodations surround a courtyard and swimming pool. The accommodations are large and comfortable and all include full kitchens, living rooms and dining rooms. The location is great on a secluded and quiet side street, steps to restaurants offering live music, great food and drinks. Acanto offers a Romantic yet family friendly atmosphere where our experienced staff will cater to your every need. All Accommodations offer marble floors and bathrooms, granite counter tops, central air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, telephones, terraces and much more. All accommodations are energy efficient and ecologically friendly. We provide natural soaps and shampoo for all of our guests and are a smoke free facility.. The Hotel no longer offers Jacuzzi's on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Vacatia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Acanto Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acanto Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Acanto Boutique
- Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico