Booked my most recent vacation a week from going and chose this hotel not know anything about it. I did know the location so that was a good starting point and I knew it was close to the beach so I took a shot on it and I'm more the pleased i did.
Checked into the hotel which is on 8th and 5th and it wasnt hard to find but you had to look closely cause the entrance was not well lit and it definetly didnt stand out. Walked into the place and it was quite nice the staff at the front desk checked me in and I went up to my room and that is were I was really amazed. They gave me the private cabanna on the 5th floor #500 which is currently the only one on that floor the other was being constructed while I was there. It was perfect. Opened the door and it was a huge room had a gigantic king size bed with a netting over the entire bed then the view this room had looked over the entire ocean. It also had its own private little deck area with some lounge chairs and a table. The bathroom in this cabanna was also quite large, and that was were the only problem in the whole room was in the shower. The shower while quite large had two shower heads a hand held one and then a regular one. The regular one was all the way up against the ceiling and had so much pressure that it barely allowed the hand held one to work. Also the regular shower head could not be adjusted cause it was so high to the ceiling and it shot directly into your face and I'm 6'0" tall so it was not enjoyable. And the water really had a bad oder for the first 5-10 min before really getting going. This I didnt find that big of a deal cause most of the time I just rinsed off in the shower down by the pool on the 4th floor which this cabanna also overlooked. All in all I would definetly stay at this place again I would request the cabanna on the 5th floor but I'm sure the rest of the rooms are really good as well. But if your getting away for a 3-4-5 day trip this place it perfect for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels is a small hotel with great personalized service and attention to details. A perfect blend of elegance and tropical freshness with a fusion of Asian/Italian decor and architectural style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Illusion Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Illusion Boutique
- Illusion Boutique Playa Del Carmen
- Illusion Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico